Day Nine | Secret

Zoey

Time passed slowly. I stayed hidden within the darkness, feeling every beat of my heart pounding. My room was as quiet as it was dark, with only one sound to be heard, the sound of my pulse throbbing in my ears.

Suddenly, the serenity of silence surrendered to the deathly scream of hinges, as my room door slowly creeked open. A narrow stream of light meandered through the room, and a shadow quickly followed. 

I was scared.

I held my breathe, daring not to make a sound. Each second seemed to last an eternity as I  lay perfectly still listening to the footsteps of who ever entered my room.

"Zoey you okay." I hear Keith deep voice fill the room and I'm full of relief. I immediately pull my covers up over my exposed body also hiding the blood on my sheets.

"I've been calling you all day girl, it's 2:30 are we still going out?" He ask me and I just could not speak.

Keith

Zoey's eyes are blood shot red and she had large bags under them. She looks sick and hurt but I'm not sure what's actually wrong. I slowly walk to her bed and notice a red imprent on her caramel skin.

"Baby girl what happened." I ask her gently as I kneel down on the side of her bed.

She doesn't answer me tears just trail down her face and I soon realize it's something serious.

"Who hurt you tell me now." I demand  as I stand up. She still doesn't speak.

Every moment she was silent only fueling a fire that burned inside of me. Every tear falling was like gasoline to it, my fists began to clench and my jaw rooted.

"I'm just not feeling well," she groaned out and for some reason I didn't believe her. She looked like she was in so much pain and I need to know why.

"Are you sure? I ask her and she slowly nods.

"Do you need anything asprin, ginger ale,midole? I ask her she shakes her head.

"Im not leaving you." I tell her as I kick off my shoes and climb in the bed behind her.

I wrap my arms around her body and lay my body closer to her.

"I don't know what's really wrong but I'm gonna stay here until you tell me." I assure her.

She doesn't respond but her mom burst into the room, she looks at me and I immediately unwrap myself from Zoey.

"Zoey get up, you have been in bed all day that's unacceptable." Her mother spat.

I look at Zoey and she looks so distraught as if she doesn't know what to do. She wraps her cover around her as she sits up in the bed.

"Keith do you mind waiting in the living room while I talk to Zoey."She ask politely and for some reason I felt uneasy and I didn't want to leave her alone, but I mean that's her mom why do I feel like this.

I leave the bed and go and take a seat in the living room.

Zoey

My mom's cold stare sends chills up and down my spine. She steps in the room and closes the door behind her. My heart sinks to the pit of my stomach as she tells me to stand. I slowly stand from the bed and she steps dangerously close to me her eyes piercing directly into mine. My heart beat runs rapid and I could feel my fear growing.

I don't know what fear is stronger the fear of my mother or the fear of her finance. I swallow a large lump in my throat and speak before my mother can act.