Day Ten | Mutherfucking Queen

Zoey

I sit alone at a table in the cafeteria picking pieces off of my chicken salad. I felt strange today because I haven't heard from Keith since he dropped me off last night. We had such a deep moment yesterday I hope he's not pulling away from me now. I texted him and called a few times but I don't want to seem clingy and pushing all on him, I really like him and I don't want to ruin our relationship. He's my first boyfriend. He's the first boy to kiss me he was the first boy to touch me and make me feel good about myself in away way, and I'm scared he'll stop liking me or maybe he doesn't even really like me. Maybe I'm just like an experiment for him. Something new to try.

"Ay, big mama why you sitting over here by yo-self where ya man at?" I hear woodys obnoxious voice say from behind me." I don't look back and I pretend that I don't hear his comment.

"Zoey, I know you hear me girl." He says as he sits next to me taking a strawberry off my tray and putting it in his mouth.

"I don'y know." I say simply answering his question.

"You looking good today," He complements making me roll my eyes. I conditioned my hair this morning so the waves were nice, I had on light eye shadow and some lip gloss nothing major I just wanted Keith to think I looked nice.

"Damn what was that for, I can't get a thank you, a smile, something." he continues. "You looks nice forreal tho." He says as he touches my hair.

"May I ask why you're over here and what you could possibly want." I ask calmly still not giving him any type of eye contact.

"I saw you sitting over here alone and I wanted to come keep you company don't nobody wanna sit alone at lunch, and shit your nigga ain't here and I'm the next best thing, well actually I'm the best thing." He boost.

"I do."

"You do what?" He questions.

"I do want to sit alone at lunch." I tell him.

"Come on don't be like that I'm just trying to be friendly." He explains and scoots a little closer to me, causing me to scoot away.

"Why all of a sudden are you trying to be nice to me I don't get it we have never been friends what changes that now?"

"You asking me that but are you asking Keith them same questions because shit, it was all of us clowning you in class and you're only giving me the cold shoulder." Woody says in an antagonizing voice. What does he even mean by that. Keith's my partner that's why he started being nice to me. That makes complete since well to me.

"Keith and I are project partners and now we're friends, some people mature. I forgave him for his cruelty. don't try to make it seem as if you weren't the main one bullying me woody okay." I snap turning my head to look at him.

"So you mean to tell me you think that in Ten days, exactly a week and 3 days that a nigga like Keith truthfully likes you and likes you enough to be in a relationship with you?"He says, in a vexed voice.

I don't speak because I don't know what to say I look down at my lunch tray, my mind began to race and thoughts of all the possible reasons as to why Keith could really be, being kind to me dance around.

"I don't mean to make you sad or nothing but have you ever thought about it?" He questions.

"Yea." I say simply.

"Well, I know the real reason why." He plainly says and I look at him. He looks so unbothered and smug.

"What do you mean?" I query.

"I'll tell you but not right now, look unlock your phone and let me see it." He instructs and I hesitantly do as he asked.

"I'm putting my number in here and imma send me a text and text you later okay." He says as he locks his number in.