Chapter Three

Nearly two days, And 1,818.5 miles later, We arrived in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Of course I wasn't awake to witness our iconic arrival. I was asleep ( obviously ) . We slept in a hotel, Which made our trip even longer.

"Jaila" A soft voice spoke. I ignored it, Hoping it'd let me sleep. I hardly slept at all at the hotel. I tried, But I just couldn't. I guess you could say I'm homesick. Although I was asleep, I could hear/feel everything. I felt myself being lifted/laid down on a soft comfortable surface. After that, I guess I went into a deep sleep.

The next attempt to wake me, Worked. It was a rude awakening too.

"Aye! Chica! Can you get that?!?!" The feminine voice spoke. Ripping my eyes open, I sat up, Realizing I was in somebody else's room. There was an apparition that stood close to me. The bathroom door was open and the light was on. Once my vision cleared, I could see who it was...Natalya

From what I remember, She was the younger of two sisters

From what I remember, She was the younger of two sisters. Her older sister, Romina, I think, Got pregnant and now lives with her baby's Father. I'm pretty sure that Natalya and I are around the same age, But she doesn't seem friendly, And neither am I...

Sitting up, I retrieved my phone. It was almost two in the afternoon. I had missed calls/texts from a variety of people, But most of them came from DeMarco.

"S'at your lil' novio?" She asked. "Don't deny it, I seen'em lil' heart emojis by his name" She smirked in satisfaction.

"Yeah, I guess"I said, Sitting up on the couch I laid on. 

"He been callin' and textin' you ALL day. I thinks he misses his baby" She teased, Pushing out her bottom lip. I rolled my eyes
at her comment. Sitting up, I pushed the cover off of me. I got up and went into the bathroom.

"Your niece is cute"She spoke as I came out of the bathroom. She sat where I'd been, With my phone. I scoffed.

" There's this thing called privacy"I said, Snatching my phone away from her.

"Hey, You're the one who didn't have a password" She shrugged. I rolled my eyes again and sat down next to her.

"How long y'all been together?" She asked.

"Nine months" I answered, Looking down at my phone.

"Cute, I guess" She said before getting up, She left the room. I got a bad vibe from her, She was kinda bold too. I took a shower and got dressed.

Coming out of the bedroom, I followed the hallway into the kitchen where my Mom, And another woman, Who I assumed to be the owner of the house

Their attention turned to me as I entered.

"Jaila, This is my cousin Teresa, Teresa, This my daughter Jaila" My Mom introduced us.

"Wow! I used to change your diapers!" She ( Teresa ) exclaimed. She hugged me. She just told me she used to change my diapers,
It was awkward. "She's Beautiful Kris"- She turned to my Mother who was smiling.

" Uh, Mom, Where's Justin?"I asked quietly.

"In the back room" She answered. I nodded before walking off. Back room? Wow, That was really specific, Thanks Mom. I went in the opposite direction I'd come from. There
were two doors, I chose the one on the right, Hoping I'd be right...

I was, Thank God. Justin sat on the bed with Anaya, Getting her dressed. They both looked up as the door opened.

"La-La!" She exclaimed excitedly. I smiled as I sat down next to Justin.

"So, How long are we gonna like...Stay here?" I asked, Looking around the room. The house was nice, But I want my own room.

"Mom said the moving truck won't be here for a couple days 'cause'a  traffic, And her insurance papers or sum' is gonna take a couple days, So I dunno" He said, Not even looking at me. Could he be any more rude?

"Look, Mom wants us t'get out t'day, But don't be runnin' off, Stay wit' Natalya, Keep your phone wit' you, And you got a boyfriend, So you ain't got no business talkin' t'no other boy"- He avoided looking at me. God, What did I do?

I rolled my eyes. Of course I was going to keep my phone with me, It has a password now thanks to Natalya, As far as everything else, I can do what I want. Natalya, Really? He wants me to stay with her? Okay. Sure.

Just as I got to the living room, Which I didn't remember seeing, Someone jumped out at me.

" Boo"Natalya smirked. I sighed, Rolling my eyes. "Looks like you're wit' me for the day, Guess you better watch your back huh?" She smiled. I didn't know whether she was joking or not, But I knew I didn't want to be around her.

"C'mon let's go, I got a list of fun stuff for us to do" She said before exiting. I don't know what her definition of fun is, But I'm pretty sure I don't want to find out....

* Comment and Vote *