Chapter Thirty-seven

The car ride back home was quiet. I didn't say much. My heart was broken. I didn't like treating Kentrell like that-Blocking him out, but he gave me no choice. 

That night, Mo stayed over, I cried so much. Having her there meant the world to me. The whole experience was so emotional.

"Jaila, You can't keep this inside like'is"-

"I don't have a choice. I can't let him hurt me again"-

"I understand why you're so hurt Jaila, but he may not"-

"Even if I told him, he wouldn't care, he's got his career to focus on-it's not worth it"- 

Over the next few days, I ignored Kentrell. I was trying to get my head together. My Mom and his Mom secretly agreed to have Kentrell come over. So when he came into my room, I was caught off guard. I laid with Jamir on my chest, feeding him. I was surprisingly calm.

"Aye"He greeted, sitting on the edge of the bed. "Why you been ignorin' me?"He asked. Very confrontational huh? I stayed quiet, continuing to focus on Jamir. "Jaila"He spoke, lightly tapping my exposed thigh. 

"What do you want?"I asked, with a hint of attitude. 

"I jus' said it? Why you been ignorin' me?"-

"I've been busy"I lied. He smacked his lips, knowing I was lying. I fixed Jamir's position, making sure he was comfortable. I laid him down on the bed between my legs. Kentrell leaned over and began playing with Jamir.

"You know you ain't been busy, I think you still mad at me"He said, glancing up as he spoke.

"Wow, good observation"I spoke, sarcasm leaking from each word. 

"Why?"He asked simply. Is he serious right now? He's so lucky...

"I'm not having this discussion with you"-

"Why?"-

"Because I said so, You wouldn't get it anyways. Drop it"-

"Nah. I can't have you bein' mad at me all'a time"-

"Am I acting mad? No i'm being cordial?-

"By ignoring me f'three days?"-

"I didn't feel like talking"-

" 'aight J, stop wit' all the bullshit, i'm tryna hear yo' side, but you ain't talkin'-Tell me how you feel so I can hear it"-I looked in his eyes for any sign of deceit. But...I couldn't find any.

* Comment and Vote *