Chapter Twenty

I held Anaya as we hurriedly approached the nurse.

"Are you all family?"She asked curiously.

"Yeah"Marcus said, Glancing around at us. You could tell she was apprehensive of his answer, But his family wouldn't be here. All Zack had was Man-Man, His baby brother. Their Grandmother hasn't been able to take care of them for months, But because Zack was eighteen, The state wasn't necessarily able to interfere.

"I'm sorry, But, Zackary passed during surgery"She revealed. Man-Man fell to his knees, Marcus bent over to console him. Trell didn't really react, He walked over to the wall and placed his fist on it. I was upset too, But I didn't really know how to react. I wasn't going to cause a scene. Man-Man started to cry. "He bled out from his bullet wounds"She added. Which didn't make anything better. Monet started crying too. It was so sad...

I started toward Trell, When my phone rang. It was Justin. Stepping away with Ny, I answered the call.

"Hello"-

"Jaila, Where y'all at? Where's Mom's car?"He questioned.

"I'm sorry Justin, I, We're at the hospital"-

"Are you okay? What happened?"-

"Yeah, Uh...( I began to come to the realization of what had just happened ) Zack got shot"I spoke, My voice trailing off as it broke. "He didn't make it"I added, tears began to clear my vision.

"Jaila, I'm on my way up there, 'aight, I'll be there"He said before hanging up.

A voice spoke up from behind me.

"You 'aight?"-I turned to see Ben.

"Yeah, My brother's comin' t'get me"I informed. He nodded. I sniffled and wiped the tears from my face as I put my phone back into my pocket.

Twenty minutes later, My brother arrived. Everyone was consoling Man-Man. My brother entered with another dude, ( Obviously, He had to get a ride ). Everything was okay, And then it erupted. Man-Man screamed something and charged the dude ( Who was behind Justin ) So Justin thought Man-Man was trying to fight him. In the midst of trying to pull them apart, Kd elbowed Justin accidentally, It was a mess. The hospital actually had to call security. It was like somebody flipped a switch. After nearly dragging Ny and I out of the hospital, Justin yelled at me for being around "People who can't control themselves"

"He just lost his brother Justin!"-

"So why'd he come at me? I ain't have nothin' t'do with it"-

"He wasn't charging you, he was charging him"I said, Pointing at his friend. Justin turned his attention to the guy.

"How d'you know'em?"Justin asked the guy as we got into the parking area.

"I don't"He shrugged. But I could tell he was lying. Man-Man isn't crazy, Stupid or blind. I knew he had something to do with Zack's murder.

Minutes later, We all arrived at the house, Why he was there, I don't know.

"I'on want you talkin' to'em for a few days, Stay here, Don't go nowhere either"-

"Excuse me?"-

"If you want somethin' from the store, Tell me before I leave or text me or Ma"-

"Who do you think you are? You're not Dad Justin. I don't have t'listen t'you"-

"I ain't Dad, But i'm the closest thing you got to it, I'm older than you, So whether you like it or not, You gotta listen t'me"-

"Justin, They NEED me! What kinda friend would I be if I wasn't there in a time like this"-

"I said what I said Jaila, It's too dangerous."-

"I'm safe with them"-

"Zack wasn't. Let me tell you somethin', People don't just shoot at somebody for no reason, There was a reason"-

"Why don't you just ask your little friend over there. I'm sure he could tell you!"I said, Looking at him. I was angry. "What was the reason huh?"I asked him. I started toward him, But Justin caught me.

"Jaila, Stop"He commanded me. Of course I didn't want to listen, But I was scaring Anaya ( Who sat on the couch ) So I stopped. I quickly scooped her up before retiring into my bedroom. Like I said, Justin isn't my Dad, And i'm not going to treat him like it. I respect him because he's my older brother, But he's not going to order me around like he the king or something...

* Comment and Vote *