Chapter Twenty-One

I devised a plan quickly. I'd wait until everyone was asleep and then sneak out. 

I climbed out of my window just before one am. I'd texted Monet, Letting her know the plan. She and Kd met me halfway. Everyone was over at the house, So when we arrived, There wasn't much room for more. 

"Trell's in'a room"Mo informed me. I nodded before going off to find him. Minutes later, I entered the bedroom. He sat at the edge of the bed on his phone. Through the dim light that his phone provided, I could see that he was shirtless. He looked up at me, But said nothing. I slowly made my way over to him, I sat next to him, Not sure if I should make the next move, Or wait for him to. Before too long though, We laid down, I just wanted to make sure that he knew I was there for him. 

"You gon' ride f'me?"He questioned, Breaking the silence.

"Hm?"-I looked up at him as we laid together.

"I need'a know you gon' ride f'me, Be'er wheneva I need it, Regardless'a what it is"He elaborated. I thought about it briefly.

"Yeah."I answered finally. He seemed almost calmed by my answer. I didn't want to press the subject-Why he brought it up, So I didn't. 

We'd been laying together for almost an hour when someone knocked before poking their head in. It was a guy. Trell sat up. 

"Youngboy, We boutta strap"The guy said. Trell nodded. The guy disappeared from the doorway. 

"I'll be back, If you ain't here, I'll hit you up"He said. Leaning in, He kissed me. I nodded, Signaling not only that I heard, But I understood. I most likely would be gone before he'd get back, But I knew he'd text me.

I left probably an hour later, I was home before five though, Just in case my Mom decided to check in on me. I was SUPER tired, Which was a given because i'd been awake for a long time. When I did finally wake up, It was almost two in the afternoon. Almost immediately after waking up, I felt sick. Running into my bathroom, I puked. I figured it was just because I hadn't eaten yet, But it sparked my imagination nonetheless.

I knew what I had to do to be sure, But it was almost like I didn't want to face it. So I didn't, Not for a few hours anyways. The more I though about it, The more it made sense. Finally, I decided to go to the store. I was directly disobeying Justin's orders, But I didn't care.

After making my purchase, I called Monet as I walked home.

"Hello?"-

"Mo, Look, I need you t'come to my house, Like soon."-

"Are you okay?"-

"Just hurry please"I said before hanging up. I arrived at my house minutes later, And Monet arrived minutes after me. 

"Wassup? Are you okay?"-

"Yeah, I just..."She could tell that I was fighting tears. We went into my bedroom and locked my door. 

"Jaila, Come on, Talk to me, Tell me what's wrong"She practically begged. I picked up the bag and slowly retrieved the test i'd purchased. She quietly gasped.

"Oh my God, For real?"She was as surprised as I was. I slowly nodded. "I, Didn't even think you and Trell was like that, You didn't tell me!"-

"It only happened twice"I spoke, Realizing what I was saying. "I might not be, But it's the second time i've gotten sick, I just wanna make sure"-She nodded in agreement.

"Okay, Go take it, I'll wait"She spoke, Turning me toward the bathroom. I went in and sat the box down. After reading the directions, I did everything it told me to do. Opening the door, Mo jumped up. 

"Two lines mean yes, One line means no"I informed her. We stood closely, Hovering over the small tube as it slowly but surely began to develop the red streak. It seemed like forever, But it finally showed one. "One!"I said, Relieved. I started to walk away, When Monet grabbed me. Looking back down, I was in shock as I watched the second line slowly appear. 

"Oh my..."I trailed off, Placing my hand over my mouth, I was shocked. 

"Jaila, It's okay"-

"Mo, I'm scared"I spoke honestly.

* Comment and Vote *