Fears

Lyra woke with a gasp. Pictures floated through her mind. She tried to grab them and remember. But it was as if she crashed into a wall. Painful and Dizzying.

"You okay pup?" Came a voice from outside her cell "I heard you scream."

She took a while before she remembered. She was Azkaban, a wizarding prison. Her hall mate was Sirius Black. "M' okay. Just a bad dream. I thought I remembered something. It is so close but just slipping my mind. It is quite frustrating." She growled.

"Hush pup. Our glob arrived. It tastes horrible but it is the only thing we get."

"Glob?"

"Some would call it food. I won't."

She looked around her cell and spied a small tray with a plate filled with brown...stuff and a glass of water. "Did someone bring it?" she questioned. Maybe if she told the guards that she didn't belong here then maybe she will be released.

"No, Melody, sorry it always appears around lunch time. There are not many human guards at Azkaban. And the few there are stay in the upper levels with fewer Dementors. I tried to convince them that I am innocent but they only laughed at me."

"Hm stupid."  Some time passed where only screams fromother levels were heard while the two companions ate That made a thought spring up in Melody's mind "Why are you so isolated? I mean you sounded as if I was the first human contact you had in years." She sat by the cell opening to see Sirius.

He ran his hand through his hair "Actually you were. The guards barely come here. Every year the Minister has to go through Azkaban for inventory. Cornelius Fudge normally comes by in the summer months were it is a tad bit warmer. He sometimes stops to talk with me."

She noticed that he evaded her other question but let it rest. They had time.

"Can you teach me?"

"Teach you what?" Sirius was confused.

"Well you said you were an animagus. We have eons in this place and I want something to take my mind of things."

"Okay" Sirius conceded "Well first you have to..." Sirius explained the way of becoming an animagus. You had to go into your mind, meditate and wait till your animal found you. It was a long and suffering time period. It had taken the Marauders over a year to finish that step. Then you had to get acquainted with your animal and at last you have to hold a Mandrake leaf in your mouth for a month. All this was interrupted by her inquisitive questions.

They talked till the sun dipped into the ocean. As soon as darkness had come the Dementors came too. Frost covered the walls and the howls became sadder and more anguished as the dark cloaked demons floated by. As they stopped in Sirius' and her hallway all happiness she had acquired in the last hours fled her heart and she again felt that painful feeling of trying to remember something that wasn't there.

Again she was floating in the darkness. Nothing around her and so, so cold. She looked at her hands to see them shaking and pale. She wondered how Sirius was. Suddenly she was flung into nothingness.

She blinked as the world came into focus. She stood in a dark cell. Her cell in Azkaban. Aurors came along the hallway she ran to the bars and shouted at them "I am innocent. I don't remember why I am here. Let me out, please..." she ended begging. The guards only smiled down maliciously "Oh no you are far from innocent" then their smiles warped into sneers "You are a murderer. You murdered so many. Many innocent souls you reaped from this world. You demon!" the word hit hard "Demon!" "Murderer!" "Murderer!!" echoed in her head. "No!" she begged tears running down her face "I would never...never dare to kill anyone" she tried to reach out through the bars. Hoping that if she could just reach the aurors she could convince them she was in the wrong place. They stepped out of her reach sneering down at her "Tell that to the parents whose kids you forever took from them!"