3

Beyoncé

Today Adam is coming over to visit Yara

Today Adam is coming over to visit Yara. He's about to start shooting a movie & won't have as much time to see her in the upcoming months.

The doorbell rang & Yara ran her tiny feet to the door.

"You better not touch that door Yara!" I yelled. She looked at me and removed her hand from the door. I looked into the peephole of my apartment & opened it.

"Hey Bey. Hey YarYar!" Adam picked her up & kissed her cheek.

"DADDY! I missed you!" Yara exclaimed.

"I missed you too. What you been doing today?" He asked Yara. If you didn't know Yara is only 2 1/2 years old, you'd think she was at least five. She can carry a conversation pretty well for her age.

"I paint a flower & helped Mommy make lunch!" She said.

"You did?" He said.

"Uh huh & I'm going to make you food too." She said. I just laughed.

"Okay what are you making me?" He replied.

"I'm going to make you....uh Mommy what can I made Daddy?" She asked me.

"What about grapes & strawberries?" I said. Her eyes popped up and she smiled.

"Daddy I'm going to make you that! Sit on the stool!" Yara held our hands as she took us to the bar stools I had for my kitchen counter & we sat down. She went around the counter to take out the fruits from the fridge & placed them in a bowl. She has a stepping stool for every part of the kitchen so she doesn't need our help at all. My baby is very independent. Obviously we're keeping an eye on her as she "cooks." She's literally re-washing fruits that I already washed.

"Bey I need to ask you something & I don't need any attitude from you." Adam said, breaking my eyes away from Yara. I internally rolled my eyes.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Are you dating that rapper Jay-Z?"

"Why are you asking me that?"

"Because I see you two out and in the magazines sitting court side at games & I don't want my daughter around him." I rolled my eyes.

"For your information, he hasn't met Yara...YET & it's really none of your concern who I'm with or not. We're not together remember?" I raised one of my eyebrows. If he thinks he has a say in my relationships, he has another thing coming.

"When it comes to my daughter, it does matter who's around her."

"How about you just worry about spending time with OUR daughter before you leave. Don't ask me any more foolish things again." I said. We sat in silence.

"MOMMY I'M FINISHED!" Yara yelled.

"We're right here baby, you don't need to yell. Go give Daddy his plate & you two eat & play." She did just that and I stood up to clean her mess. Usually she knows to clean after herself, but since Adam isn't staying for long I'm doing it. I went to my room to lay down & watch TV while the two played.

*2 hours later*

I felt someone shaking me & opened my eyes to see Adam.

"Bey I'm about to leave & I just laid Yara down for her nap." He said. I blinked my eyes a few times to fully wake up and stretched.

"Alright I'll walk you out." He grabbed his jacket from the couch & opened the door. I said goodbye & locked up the door. I checked on Yara & saw that her Minnie Mouse slippers were still on her feet so I took those off & slightly closed her door.

I climbed back into bed. As soon as I got back comfy, my phone rang.

"Hello."

"Hey Bey. What you doing?" Shawn asked.

"Nothing much. Just woke up from a nap."

"Didn't ol dude stop by though?"

I laughed. For some reason, Shawn refuses to call Adam by his name.

"Yes he did. He left not too long ago."

"Oh aight. So what are your plans later on tonight?"

"Probably nothing. This is the only full week I've had where I didn't have to do any work, so I'm going to make dinner & braid up Yara's hair."

"Sounds exciting." He said laughing.

"Ha. Ha. Life of being a Mommy. What you doing Mr. Jigga Man."

"Okay for one, don't ever say Jigga Man with that thick ass country bumpkin accent & I'm probably going to my Mom's house & see what she cooked."

"That's a damn shame you can't cook for yourself Shawn. You almost 30!" I said laughing. He laughed too.

"Whatever. Why learn when I have my Mama and you!" He said. I shook my head.

"I cooked that one time for you & you swear I'm going to do it again for you. Not happening."

We kept talking for another hour or so when Yara stood at my door rubbing her eyes.

"Shawn I gotta go. Someone just woke up." I said.

"Alright ba-Bey...I'll talk to you later." We hung up & I picked up Yara and kissed her cheek. We walked to the kitchen.

"You had a good nap baby?" I asked. She laid her head on my chest. Must be still sleepy.

"Wanna help Mommy make pasta?" I asked. That woke her right up. I placed her on the floor & grabbed our matching aprons, courtesy of my mom. We washed our hands & got to work.

******COMMENT, VOTE*****

I'll be flash forwarding a few years next chapter so get ready!