4

Few Years Later

Yara, 2005

I looked up from the stage & saw Mommy, Auntie Kelly, and Auntie Chelle rehearsing

I looked up from the stage & saw Mommy, Auntie Kelly, and Auntie Chelle rehearsing. Mommy was in the middle of the stage dancing. I think Mommy told me the state we're in is New Jersey. She told me it's super close to New York, where we live at.

"Kelly we need to redo the Say My Name opening." I heard my Mom say. I'm getting bored watching them practice the same song over and over. Grandma Tina is somewhere in this building so maybe I should go find her. She's always fun. I looked at the stage to see my Mommy and aunts talking, so I got up from my seat & left...

Beyoncé

"No right when that beat drops I need our lights on us John." I told our lighting guy. He nodded from the control booth and turned the lights on correctly.

"Uh Bey...where's Yara?" Michelle asked. I whipped my head so fast to where she was seated just a minute ago and now she was gone.

"Who's the last to see Yara?" I asked everyone in my microphone. No one spoke up so I sighed & got off the stage. Kelly and Michelle joined.

"She's probably in the back with Mama, Bey." Kelly said.

"That could be true but she still doesn't know her way around. She's just five years old!" I said. Now I started to really panic and get pissed because none of these wrestler built bodyguards thought to keep an eye out on her!

We called her name as we looked through every room we passed before making our way to the wardrobe room. We opened the door and there was Yara and my Mama chatting it up like two good girlfriends.

"YARA! Why did you leave your seat!" I said. I know I startled her with my voice, but I don't care.

"No don't try to cry now. Mama did you come get her?" I asked. Kelly and Chelle left, I guess to finish rehearsal.

"No Bey. Yara walked right in here & said she was bored so she's helping me." I just looked at the two. My Mama literally lets her get away with everything. It's ridiculous how much Yara has her wrapped around her finger.

"How did you even know Grandma was back here Yara?" I asked.

"The sign on her door said wardrobe." Me and Mom looked at her surprised. How did she know that word? I mean, my baby's smart, but how did she know wardrobe was another word for clothing?

"You know what wardrobe means?" I asked. She looked at us like we were the stupid ones.

"Yes it's another word for clothes right?" She said.

"Yes baby. You're so smart. Next time just ask me to come back here instead of going off by yourself. I don't want you getting lost." I said. I couldn't even be mad at her. Clearly she knew where the hell to go.

"Okay Mommy." She went back to looking at patterns my Mom had all over a table & I just shook my head.

"Bey that little girl is smart way beyond her years. Maybe she should've went into private school instead of that pre-school tutor you hired." My mom suggested.

"Ma I told you I've been looking at schools, public & private, but there's no use in placing her in basic programs when she's beyond that curriculum. I'll be wasting money just letting any school babysit my daughter. She's five but in the Fall I'm placing her in 1st grade." I said.

"You really think she can handle it?" My mom asked. We just watched her play with the fabrics.

"Yeah she doesn't even watch TV like a normal kid. She reads the dictionary for fun Mom. I don't make her do that, she naturally gravitates towards books." I said. We finished up our talk & I headed back to rehearsal. We were almost finished anyways before Yara "went missing."

Our first city of our America leg of the tour is New York City & I'm so excited! Destiny's Child is embarking on our final world tour & it's definitely bittersweet. We'll be taking a break, probably indefinitely, but we'll always remain close. Those girls are my sisters & this tour will definitely be emotional for all of us.

*Home*

We got home & I told Yara to change out of her day clothes. We headed to our rooms and I immediately took my shoes off and plopped on the bed. I heard the bathroom door open and looked to see Shawn.

"Hey baby." He bent down and kissed me & pulled me up from the bed.

"Noooo I'm too tired to get up." I whined.

"C'mon I'm running you a bath & I'll fix dinner. You need to relax baby." He said.

"Thanks babe." I kissed him & walked to the bathroom. He ran the water & lit my favorite scented candles while I undressed. He played slow jams from our CD player & left out the bathroom. I soaked in the tub & just relaxed. It'll be a long time until I get this type of peace again because after tomorrow's show I'll be in the back of a tour bus cramped with the girls.

Shawn

I walked to Yara's room and saw her coloring at her drawing station in her room. I'm always amazed at this child. She can watch TV because she has one in her room, but doesn't.

Ever since me & Bey got together, almost 3 years ago, I've learned how little Yara watches TV. It's literally like an hour a week, if that. If it was left to me to care for a child, they'd be a TV junkie just like any other kid. I shook my head at my thoughts & stepped into her room. She looked up from her drawing.

"Look Shawn! I made you a picture." Yara said.

"You did? What is it?" I asked. Clearly I could see it's a drawing of me because there's a hat on my head with the letters N-Y, and a gold chain around my neck.

"It's you, me, Mommy and a dog." She said.

"But we don't have a dog." I said.

"I know but I want one. Tell Mommy you want one Shawn!" She said. I laughed.

"That's not how it works Yara. You gotta ask because you're cuter." I said.

"Will she say no?" She asked.

"I don't know. Let's make her food & give her ice cream while you ask okay?" I said.

"Okay and she likes ice cream so give her a lot!" She clasped her hands together like she was the one who thought of the idea and jumped up from her seat.

"Alright. Lead the way to the kitchen Miss Lady." We left to go cook dinner, and once we finished Bey was coming down.

"Mommy we made spaghetti!" Yara yelled.

"Really? Did you make it all by yourself?" She asked her.

"Uh huh! Shawn tried to help-" she started. Then she got closer to Bey & badly whispered, "but he's not a good cook." I laughed and pretended to be hurt. We all sat down & started to eat.

"YarYar don't you have something you wanna ask Mommy?" I said. Why not throw a five year old under the bus. We were eating ice cream at this point so when Yara mean mugged me, she had whipped cream all over her face.

"Mommy, Shawn wants a puppy! Can we get one?" This little sneak! Bey looked at me and smirked.

"He does now? Okay what kind does he want?" Yara placed her finger on her chin to think.

"I want-I mean...Shawn wants a brown fluffy doggy." She said.

"Okay we'll see. Only if Shawn keeps up with his chores, we can get one. Make sure he does them too." Beyonce said. I just shook my head at the conversation.

"Okay Mommy! We get a dog!" Yara said.

******COMMENT, VOTE!*******