14

Beyoncé

I was washing dishes after we ate breakfast when my phone rang from an unknown number. I was hesitant to answer but not too many have my number anyways, and plus this number is a New York one.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey Beyoncé, it's me." I furrowed my brows.

"Me who?" I said.

"Adam." I just shook my head.

"Oh Adam. As in my first born's child you completely forgot about for 12 plus years!" I all but yelled into the phone. I heard him smack his teeth.

"Listen Bey, a lot has went on in my life and I wanna get back into Yara's life. What's her number?" He asked. I really couldn't believe this call right now.

"Her number is 213-530- get the fuck outta my line!" I hung up on him and continued washing dishes.

"Hey what's all the yelling in here?" Shawn asked me. He came up behind me and held my waist. I leaned into his chest as I calmed down a bit. I wiped my hands from the soapy water, and turned around to him.

"Yara's father called and wants to rebuild a relationship with her again." I said. Shawn didn't have a particular expression on his face.

"So I'm guessing it didn't go well, huh?" He laughed. I just stared at him.

"It's not funny Shawn! After 12 years he seriously thinks he can waltz his ass up in here like he's not a deadbeat." I said.

"I know it's not funny. Do you plan on telling Yara about this conversation?" He asked. I huffed.

"I know I gotta bring it up to see how she feels about reconnecting, but knowing her she won't be so  forgiving like she was with me." I said.

"True. The big difference between you and Adam is that you were still present in her life, despite Jenn taking care of her." I nodded my head in agreement.

*Later that night*

I was laying in bed watching a movie with Shawn when I finally got the courage to tell Yara about Adam.

"Babe lift up. I'm going to talk to Yara." I said sitting up.

"Bout time. You stalled all day." He said. I rolled my eyes and headed to her room. I knocked on the door and waited for her to say I could come in.

"Hey Ma. Wassup." Yara said. She was laying on her bed on her laptop.

"Whatcha doing?" I peeked at her computer and saw she was on Netflix.

"Just catching up on Criminal Minds." She said.

"Okay. Pause it real quick because we gotta talk." I said. I sat down on her bed, and we both laid our heads against her headboard.

"Alright so what is it?"

"Well earlier today your father, Adam, called and he wants to reconnect with you."

"Okay."

"Okay?"

"Yea, Okay."

"What does that mean Yara?"

"It means that I just heard what you said and that's it. I'm not going to hear him out."

"I totally get it, but I want to hear your explanation a little more." She just looked at me.

"What's there to explain? He's been gone since I was two. He has a whole new wife and family and forgot about his first born. He can't just pop back in my life like I'll be cool. I'm pretty understanding, sometimes to a fault, but I can't deal with him Mom." She said.

"I know baby. I just wanted to make sure I understood your point. I'm definitely not forcing you to reconnect with him if you don't want to. It'll be your decision if you ever choose to talk to him."

"Alright. Was that it?"

"Um I guess it is. Goodnight." I kissed her forehead and left her room.

"So how did it go?" Shawn asked me.

"It went surprisingly well. She doesn't want to talk to him and I'm not making her." I said.

"You don't think she should at least have a conversation with him to let him know she's not interested?" Shawn suggested.

"Nope. Why should she give him the decency to explain herself when he hasn't for 12 years?" Shawn made no sense to me.

"I understand all that babe, but that's still her father. You know what went on with my relationship with my Dad and I'd hate for something to happen to Adam without resolving his relationship with Yara. Even if they don't get close or anything, at least they would say they had a conversation." He said. I thought about what he said as I looked at the TV.

"I'll talk to her some more about it, okay?" I said after awhile. He smiled and pecked my lips as we finished our movie.

*******COMMENT, VOTE*****

You think Yara should give Adam a chance and talk it out?