~8~

As Carlyn and Tremaine were enjoying their honeymoon the dynamic of the Nelson circle was slowly changing. Her father was too blinded by love to see that his new wife was sleeping with another man and Regan may have just found love in a familiar place. Carlyn laid on the bed getting a nice hot oil massage from Tremaine before they went to bed. The fact that Tremaine caters to Carlyn's every move now that she is carrying his first child is something that she appreciated but often questioned was she really deserving of it. She knew that the pregnancy though in its beginning stages has been a trying time for them emotionally. Carlyn was finally get the chance to eat normally without having to worry about getting sick. She had realized that she was very moody and would often take things out of proportion and said things that deep down she knew she didn't mean. Tremaine was understanding of this and had to grow thick skin quickly and not take her harshness to heart. Tremaine looked to his wife and noticed that she was in deep thought and he wanted to pick her brain.

  "What's on your mind love?" He asked her sweetly still massaging her tired legs from walking all day.

  "Regan. She sounded so unhappy when I talked to her last night. She sounded.....sad. Like she was crying."

  "Well did she say why?"

"No but I think I kinda have an idea."

  "You do? What do you think made her so upset?"

  "My dad and the fact that he married that satanic being he calls his wife."

  "Oh come on now Carly you don't mean that."

  "Tre come on! Wake up and smell the purple rain! Homegirl doesn't love my dad at all! She's bad news I know it."

  "But what's more important? What you think of Tori or your father being happy?"

  "You know my dad's happiness is always important to me! He's my father and I'll love him for the rest of my life but.....he needs to know that he just made a huge mistake by not marrying Regan."

  "Maybe there was a reason why they just never got married in the first place. You can't just think that they didn't have problems. There maybe something about that relationship that he doesn't tell you about because it hurts him too much."

  "Regan told me everything already there's nothing more that I need to know except why he's so afraid to go all the way if he's still subconsciously in love with her. I mean think about it. Why hold on to a woman that you say has been your best friend since you were both little kids ask her to marry you and then it doesn't happen? Why string her along?"

  "But didn't she turn down the proposal?"

  "She did and they both tried moving on but my dad didn't stay married to those other woman for very long. They didn't have that 'it' factor he was looking for. I'm telling you Tre. He still loves her and she still loves him."

  "But what if he never married her because he may have done something in his past to protect her from?"

  "It's possible but I wouldn't say that. My dad is a man of high quality taste in woman. Granted he may have been with many but I know his heart belongs to one. And it damn sure ain't Tori."

Tremaine let out a deep sigh as he continued massaging his wife. He knew that there was no room in contesting her feeling for Tori and if he wanted to remain married he'd be smart and not say anything. After he was finished he climbed in bed next to Carlyn and kissed her on the neck holding her closed by her belly. The feeling of pure elation enraptured them as they laid in the darkness of their hotel room.

  "What if its babies?" He asked her with a small laugh.

  "Then we'll have our work cut out for us now won't we?" Carlyn replied closing her eyes with a smile on her face.

Just as she was about to fall asleep an idea caused her eyes to pop wide open and she jumped out of bed to grab her phone from the other side of the room.

  "Babe what are you doing?" Tremaine asked her in a puzzled voice.

  "I'll explain it in a minute just.....give me fifteen and I promise I'm all yours."

  "Uuuuugh Carly why are you doing this to me? Just come to bed! Whatever it is I'm sure it can wait until tomorrow!"

  "Nope! It can't! I have to settle this tonight!"

  "Woman! If this is about Tori-"

  "It's not now lay down and look sexy like you were and I'll be right back."

Carlyn blew Tremaine a kiss and left the bedroom. She made a mad dash to the living area and plopped down on the couch as she began to dial a number on her phone. Putting the phone to her ear she closed her eyes and said a prayer that the person on the other end would answer quickly.

  "Hello?" The deep voice said.

  "Daddy! Hey! I hope I'm not bothering you. Were you sleeping?" She asked him excited to hear his voice.

  "N-no! I was just uh.....winding down for the night."

Carlyn was immediately disgusted as she read between the lines of her father's description of what he was doing.

  "Daddy that's nasty. You're too old to be baby making. You might hurt yourself." She groaned.

Prince laughed at his daughter's impure thought and laid back on the bed next to Tori who was sound asleep.

  "So my beautiful one. What is the purpose of this call huh? Should t you be resting?"

  "I'll do that in a minute but first I wanted to run something by you. Remember how once a year we always had the big family dinner to celebrate all the good things that have happened for us?"

Prince scratched at his face and remembered back to their very first dinner as a family where they were celebrating her and her brothers adoption.

  "Yeah! Sure! What about it?" He inquired.

  "Well.....lets have one! We haven't had one in a long time and I think you'll like the little surprise I have in store for you!"

Prince seemed to like the idea and it made him smile because his daughter was the one pulling it all together. He listened intently to her ideas about what to have at the dinner and who should all be there. He actually loved her idea and assured his baby girl that everything will be taken care of first thing in the morning.

  "Please daddy this is important! Don't blow it!" Carlyn insisted.

  "My dear sweet girl I promise you it will all go as planned. Now. You go and get some rest.  I trust you only have a few more days before you return home and I want to make sure you are having a good time before the baby comes."

  "I will. I'll see you in a few days dad."

  "Get some sleep my love. I love you."

  "I love you too daddy. Good night."

Carlyn hug up the phone and ran back into the bedroom. She was greeted by Tremaine smiling back at her and patting the bed to get her to come and lay beside him. She ran and jumped into bed beside him and snuggled under his arms.

  "What's gotten you so happy Carlz?" He asked her with a yawn.

  "You'll see in a few days. Goodnight babe!"

Carlyn planted a big wet kiss on Tremaine's arm and with her excited smile drifted off to sleep.