~15~

For one brief moment in time Carlyn has wished that she had just reached over the table right then and there and punched Tori in her mouth. That brief moment was was silenced in her mind by her family who was trying to keep her as calm as possible. Joey was still seated and he turned his head to Tori confused.

  "Carly wasn't in rehab. It's impossible! She was with us! Dad....she's making this up right? There was nothing wrong with Carly. She's fine now. She always was! Carly? Tell her! Tell her your fine!"

This was the first time Joey had heard about this bombshell that his father and sister were keeping from him. He didn't understand why Tori was making such a wild accusation about his older sister. Tori turned to him and placed her and on his and was ready to apologize when Carly made sure she was heard loud and clear.

  "Don't touch my brother." She said as she glared at her angrily.

  "Carlyn he's upset I'm just trying to comfort him." Tori replied nonchalantly as she tried to reach for his hand again.

  "I said don't touch my brother bitch!" Carlyn snapped reaching over the table and swiping her hand away from Joey.

Carlyn had did it in such a fast motion that she had bumped the table with her stomach causing Regan and Prince to react by removing Carlyn from her seat and taking her to a separate area with Tremaine and Erin to calm her down. Carlyn was tired of walking on eggshells for a woman who would go as far as trying to ruin her happy marriage and corrupt her little brother with a story he's still too young to know about.

  "Dad! What's going on?" Joey shouted over the commotion.

Prince went up to his son and pulled him away from the table trying to reassure him that everything was ok and Carlyn was alright.

  "Son listen to me. There's nothing wrong with your sister. She's always been alright and she's always gonna be alright. I need you to understand that. Ok?"

Prince's voice shook as he looked in his son's sea blue eyes. He knew that the day was going come when this skeleton in the Nelson family closet was going to come out but he wasn't thinking it was going to be as soon as right now.

  "But dad why would Tori say something like that?" Joey asked worried as he watched Carlyn in the corner.

His eyes spilled out tears of worry and concern for his sister. The sister he loved since he was a small child and believed to be perfect had something wrong and nobody would tell him what was wrong.

  "I promise you we'll get this all sorted out. For now I need you to stay strong and for me and your sister. Carlyn is alright. Keep that in mind ok?" Prince replied as he held his son close.

  "Where's Tony?" He asked looking around the room frantically.

  "He's just outside the door I'll get him." Dez said and ran over to the door signaling for Tony.

  "Everything cool boss?" He said as he saw the family in a state of confusion and disarray.

  "Take Joey up to the studio and do not leave him alone. I need to deal with this first and then I'll come up and talk to him just keep him with you at all times." Prince commanded and went over to his distraught daughter to console her.

  "Carlyn! Carlyn!" Joey shouted before being escorted out of the dining room.

She couldn't hear him due to all the commotion but they did catch eyes and Carlyn mouthed a diligent I'm sorry to him before watching him go out the door with Tony. She herself was nearly in tears seeing Joey look so lost. Carlyn hated to see any of the men in her life in pain. Moreover she hated to see Joey hurt by anything or anyone. The fact that it was Tori who had inflicted such pain on her brother made it just as worse. Just as Prince was getting close to his child Carlyn had reached her boiling point. She broke free of Tremaine and Erin's grasps and bolted for Tori who was standing on the other side of the table unprotected.