~13~

Carlyn marched through the hall and down the steps to the lobby in hopes to find and confront the woman that is causing her father pain. She could hear his voice in he distance calling out to her but she didn't care. She was ready to tear her limb from limb but was soon stopped in her tracks by her husband who was also unhappy.

  "Carlyn! Where are you going?" He asked her harshly holding her in place.

  "I'm trying to find that bitch Tori! Ya seen her?" She snapped looking over his shoulders.

  "Yeah well that bitch Tori already talked to me and now I need to talk to you."

There was something about Tremaine's voice that didn't sound so great when he spoke to his pregnant wife and Carlyn could feel it. Something was unsettling about what was going on and the force he was using to hold her in place was unusually strong.

  "Tre you're hurting me! Now let me go and tell me where Tori is!" She hissed trying to wiggle free of his grip.

  "She's going to have to wait. Right now we need to talk. Did you tell her about what happened between us?"

His eyes narrowed to hers as the blood in her body soon ran cold. She wasn't even sure how to respond because she was automatically thinking that her worst nightmare is coming true right before her eyes. As she tried to compose herself Prince was finally able to catch up and ask Carlyn what was the cause of her sudden take off from his office.

  "Carlyn! Where  are you trying to get to! I don't want you passing out on me while you're here! What's gotten into you?" Prince asked her slightly out of breath.

  "Yeah I kinda wanna know the same thing as well sir. You swore to me that we would never bring up what happened that night again! And you told Tori? She told me that you couldn't bare to stay with me anymore and that you weren't sure if you wanted to stay married? Why......why would you?"

The hurt had become apparent in Tremaine's eyes and Carlyn was crushed. Prince however was more confused than anything. He wanted to know exactly what his daughter was so comfortable sharing with his wife and not anyone else. Prince had crossed his arms on his chest and made his way towards the two.

  "Carlyn? What's Tre talking about?" Prince asked intrigued.

  "Nothing daddy. Just give us a minute." Carlyn replied.

  "Well we don't have a minute so you might as well fess up while I'm here." Prince said to her.

  "So let me get this right....you told Tori and not your own dad? Something is very wrong here. You hate her but you can tell her about you trying to have sex with my best friend but you never said anything to the man you say you love so much! Either you really like her and are just putting up a front for everybody else or you just really don't like her and told her just to see if it would come back. Well you told her the wrong information Carly! If you wanted to trap the damn girl tell her something about us that makes me think about that night all over again. You'd be better off just staying quiet."

  "Tre I never told her anything! I swear! You know that I don't like her especially now since I just found out that she's been screwing other men while she married to my father!"

Prince raised his arms and silenced the two from their arguing and interrupted for a moment.

  "Carlyn you didn't.....you really didn't do what I've told you was wrong." Prince said.

  "Dad now is not the time for another one of your morality lessons! I know what I did was wrong I repented and now......."

  "Now you're going around telling people what happened back in college. Smart move!"

  "Tre I'm telling you I never once said anything to Tori about us! How did she even know about-"

Carlyn thought for a moment and was starting to feel betrayed. She had felt that Erin was the one that went and told Tori about her and Tremaine's bad past.

  "Damnit Erin! You promised me!" She hissed under her breath.

  "So you wanna explain why you said anything or......." Prince asked as he tapped his foot on the tile floor.

Carlyn took a deep breath and closed her eyes letting her anger flow out of her body slowly before responding.

  "Tre? You know that I'd never lie to you and I'm not gonna start now so I'm just gonna come out and say it. The only person I told was Erin and I made her promise me that she wasn't going to tell a soul. I guess she ran into Tori and-"

Tremaine stopped Carlyn and decided to give her some very valuable information that was just enough to save their marriage.

  "But I saw you and Erin leave the kitchen and Erin had left the house right after that. She's been gone for hours. I saw Tori just as Erin was pulling away when she came up to me and asked me if I had a minute to talk."

The look on Carlyn's face was now back into its furious state. She was ready to pounce on her prey the moment she laid eyes on her but Tremaime was once again holding her in place. This time it wasn't in anger. It was for Carlyn's own good. He knew that letting her go would risk not only her life but the life that she was carrying within her. Prince was also feeling the anger boil inside of him. Prince didn't know why Tori was so adamant about trying to use something from their past that they had clearly overcame to tear them apart. He did have an idea why but he just didn't want believe that Tori was trying to be so vindictive.

  "Carlyn? Honey? Listen to me very carefully. I need you to calm down and take a breath because you are carrying my grandchild and I don't need you getting all worked up and landing yourself in the hospital. Understand?" Prince asked trying to calm Carlyn down.

She let out a breath through her nose and shook her head agreeing with her dad. Tremaine let Carlyn go and the three of them stood there baffled at how to handle the situation without Carlyn flying off the handle and trying to get into a fight while pregnant. They were all out of ideas when the buzzer sounded and the door clicked open. They all face the door to find a familiar face with an unfamiliar man on her arm.

  "You came!" Carlyn shouted happily as she ran to her with her arms out wide.

  "And she's.......not......alone." Prince said as the sadness within his soul had filled his body causing it to tremble and his eyes to glass over with pain once again.

Regan had come to dinner with Jackson on her arm.