~10~

Tori found herself speed walking to find Tremaine and try to get more information about Carlyn and who she really is. She was determined to make sure that karma was returned ten fold at all costs. As she scurried to the main floor of Paisley the figure of Amman caught her eye at the front door. A small smile grew as she ran over to open it. Pushing the metal door open she greeted Andre happily and let him in and embracing him tightly.

  "How are you Andre? It's good to see you!" She said.

  "I'm doing alright! Just taking a break from the old ball and chain ya know?" Andre joked.

  "Oh I'm sure your wife is a sweetheart. Stop it!" She said to him and playfully grabbed him on the arm.

She and Andre laughed and shared small talk before Andre got down to the reason why he was in town.

  "So where is the man of the house anyway?" Andre asked Tori.

  "Oh he's out back shooting some hoops to help calm his nerves about the baby shower."

  "Oh boy. Let me guess he went all possessive about the planning and him and Carly aren't seeing eye to eye again?"

That was another bullet point that was unintentionally given to Tori without Andre really knowing what was up her sleeve.

  "What do you mean not seeing eye to eye? I don't seem to follow." Tori coyly played to get more information about Prince's oldest adoptive child.

  "Eh they always have a temporary falling out about little things. Parties, weddings, dinners, who's gonna be first to see the baby, what foods to eat or....in Prince's case what not to eat. The usual father daughter quarrels."

  "Awwww c'mon I'm sure you know more about those two and their spats." Tori said attempting to dig a little deeper.

Tori may have been trying to entice Andre but he wasn't as slow to the game she had anticipated. Andre was already two steps ahead of her and shut her plan down instantly.

  "No I'm serious! They don't really have any serious issues. They're just the average father and daughter that get into a little fight every now and again that's all. Don't stress to much Tori. I'm sure he's just anxious that's all. P and Carly have a great relationship I was just kidding about the arguing thing."

  "I know Andre I'm just so.......curious about this new life I'm living. I feel so in the dark sometimes around here. Prince is always working and Carlyn I feel like she hated me before she really got to know me. I don't know how to get through to her. What do I do Dre?"

Andre did pick up on the negative chemistry between Carlyn and Tori and he and Prince found themselves talking about this very same issue just weeks ago and Prince had confided in him about the reason why Carlyn feels the way she does about his wife. Prince had explained to him that he came across the recording of Tori bad mouthing his children that he loves and adores so much. It was just enough for Andre to stay on guard and to make sure that the hidden dark secrets about Prince and Carlyn's relationship never come to light until this were going to change when it came to Tori. Andre's loyalty was always and will be with Prince and their immediate circle of friends and Tori wasn't going to be apart of that until she had changed her ways. This of course wasn't going to be an easy change because Andre could see through the vail of lies that Tori wore. The best thing to do at this point was to keep the conversations they have short and to the point.

  "All I can say Tori is.....give her some time and let her see you for who you are. She'll come around you just gotta keep it real."

Andre placed a hand on Tori's shoulder and shook her gently them headed toward the kitchen to go out in the back to see his best friend.