Chapter 2

"So, are you ready for a new week?" Kenny asked her as she got dressed for work.

Diamond frowned at him. "Ken, who is ever ready for a new week?"

It was Monday morning and honestly, she wasn't looking forward to the week. Her boss had been grumpy lately, and she knew it had to do with the company. She lived in a crappy apartment, had no family, no money and no lover. Kenny was the only good in her life.

"Come on Dee! You don't have anything you're looking forward to this week?" he dared to ask.

She glared at him. "You should know better than to ask me that Kenny."

"Diamond, you've been alive for twenty three years now! I understand that your life hasn't been the greatest, but only you can change it," he scolded.

Diamond stopped to look at her best friend. They'd met five years ago at the bar he worked in when her curiosity got the best of her. He's a bartender in a gay bar, being gay himself.

She wanted to know what a gay bar is like, which would explain why five years later, her only friends are gay. Kenny is her best friend, while Gail, Gavin, Dale and Jamie are her closest friends.

Gail is the only lesbian amongst them. She rocks a butch look while Jamie is the most feminine of the guys. Kenny and Dale are more on the bisexual side, so they look like normal guys, especially with their robustness.

Gavin is a closet gay since he doesn't want his parents finding out, especially because they are such influential people in society. Gavin and Jamie are actually dating and Jamie is ok with their relationship being undercover. She met all of them through Kenny.

The five of them are the only people who know who she is. They know her true personality and they are the only people she trusts with her life. Kenny is the only one who knows absolutely everything about her, including her past. They've tried to offer her help, but her pride refuses to let them.

"How do you reckon I do that?" she asked him.

"You could start by moving out of this place and move in with me," he offered.

Kenny is filthy rich, despite his appearance. His grandmother had been a wealthy heiress and she was highly upset when Kenny's parents disowned him because of his sexuality choices.

She got back at them by leaving everything she ever owned to Kenny in her will. Her husband had died a year before she did, having left everything of his to her, and at the age of twenty, Kenny inherited her millions.

He's now twenty five.

"I'm doing nothing of the sort Ken," Diamond sighed, typing up her hair in a ponytail.

She was dressed in a navy dress with a white belt and heels. Her style wasn't the best, but that was only because she couldn't afford to dress herself stylishly. Her boss, forty two year old Sean Rubin, had never cared what she wore since he would lust after her either way. It grossed her out completely, but she needed the job. It was also the only thing that she hadn't told Kenny about.

She knew he would demand that she quit.

The one thing she was grateful for was that despite her financial state, she was born gorgeous. She has rich and wavy brown hair and big, light blue eyes. She has a natural tan, which has led her to believe that she one or even both of her biological parents were or are exotic since she's Hispanic.

She has a perfectly shaped body with a small waist, hips and a rounded behind and breasts. Out of boredom, she taught herself how to speak fluent Spanish, Russian, French and Italian.