Chapter 7

"That's it! How does that feel?" Dr Granger, the physiotherapist asked.

Diamond smiled while Xavier held her hand. "It feels ok."

It had been a little over two weeks since Diamond had woken up and everything had been going well. It turned out that the pain in her back had been a torn stitch, and once they fixed it, she was fine, even though Xavier still insisted that she use the wheelchair. She could walk perfectly, but she didn't want to argue with the hard headed man in any case.

"Well, I really don't think you need the wheelchair anymore from what I can see," Dr Hyland said as he shot Xavier a look.

Xavier shrugged. "Safety precautions."

Dr Granger laughed. "She can walk."

"I still don't want her straining herself," Xavier argued.

"She's sitting right here," Diamond mumbled under her breath.

"Well, Diamond, you just need to continue taking your meds and you should be good to go. Perhaps then Mr Kingston will be convinced," Dr Granger teased.

"Yeah, yeah," Xavier said as the other three laughed.

They finished up with the appointment after Dr Hyland had his final word with them. Diamond promised him an invitation to the wedding, together with his daughters who had taken excellent care of Diamond during her last days at the hospital.

"Well, Miss Carmichael, what would you like to do now?" Xavier asked once they were in the car.

"I want breakfast, but I also know that we can't have it in public," she said, sighing.

"Love, it's not that I'm hiding you or anything like that, but you have to remember that I know how these people can be. They will want to tear you apart and I know you think you're ready for that, but you're not. You may be physically fine, but your emotions wouldn't be able to handle a situation like that, or at least not yet," he replied, taking her hand in his.

She shot him a smile. "I hate that you're right, but I can't fault you for looking after me, so thank you,"

"Anything for you," he said before kissing her hand.

They ended up getting their breakfast to go from Starbucks before going back to the penthouse. Xavier had spotted the press around, but was sure that he'd hidden Diamond well enough for her to not be exposed. They set up their breakfast before sitting in the lounge to have it while watching some TV.

"Reality shows are so unrealistic," Diamond commented.

Xavier chuckled. "It's the irony of the situation love."

"I get that, but I mean its scary how many people actually entertain this crap! These people's lives are probably edited and people are excited over things that aren't even true," she added.

"People need ways to make money I guess," he said before the doorbell went.

Xavier cleared their empty dishes while Diamond wheeled herself to the door. She was surprised to see Emery, Everett and Macy there and opened to let them in.

"What are you guys doing here?" Xavier asked as he saw them.

Macy rolled her eyes. "Gee, feeling the love."

"I didn't mean it like that," Xavier defended.

Macy smiled. "I know."

"We're here because we're pretty sure you haven't checked the tabloids yet," Everett said, handing Xavier his iPad.