Chapter 17

She clenched her legs, scolding herself for letting her thoughts run wild.

She closed her eyes, willing her mind to clear itself, except the action only served to thrust her into recollections.

How he'd picked her up in a possessive, yet delicate manner.

How he'd laid her on the bed and gazed at her with an intensity that pulsed straight to her core.

How he'd run his hands, his tongue, across every curve.

How he'd teased, squeezed, nipped, lightly bit.

How he'd kissed her as though his life depended on it before...

"DIAMOND!"

Her eyes shot open. "Huh, what?"

"I've been trying to get your attention for two minutes now," Everett told her.

Xavier stood next to his best friend, biting his lip to keep from laughing. He was well aware of what was going on with his wife. It was written all over her face, if her flustered cheeks weren't enough of an indicator.

He himself was having a hard time dealing with the fact that they'd had to come into the office unexpectedly. He hadn't been able to focus, despite the crisis. When he was alone, his thoughts drifted to the look on his wife's face just hours before.

The look on her face when she completely let him in, let him join her fully as one.

"What do you want?" Diamond snapped at Everett.

Everett scowled at the mild attack. "Well nothing if you're coming at me with that attitude. I'll leave it to your husband to tell you."

Everett walked away from the couple, and Diamond looked up at her husband expectantly. She was slightly annoyed to find him amused, especially when he too walked away, heading into his office. She huffed, following after him, only to have her back against the shut door as soon as she'd walked in.

"What's eating at you Mrs Kingston?"

She sucked in a breath, her mind already racing as her husband's hand made its way up her skirt, skimming along her garters. "Xavier."

"You know, Rett was just trying to tell you that he appreciated the notes you made from the meeting with the investors. They were really helpful with this situation we're in."

She heard nothing. The ringing in her ears wouldn't let her hear anything. His warm breath was on her neck as she unconsciously leaned towards him. She was waiting for him to touch her, but he wasn't.

His lips hovered above her skin, and his fingers danced too close to where she wanted them to be.

"Xavier," she moaned.

"What is it my love? What is it that you want?" he whispered in her ear.

"I want you," she replied.

He laid a soft kiss at her throat. "I'm right here. Tell me what you want."

"Xavier," she complained when he'd almost touched her where she wanted him to.

His other hand travelled to her chest, only for him to settle his unmoving palm on it. "Use your words my love."

"I want to live out my fantasy," she hinted.

He smirked before turning her over, his hand finding its way back up her skirt as his fingers brushed over her underwear. "Hmm, I don't know. Do you think you'd be able to be quiet? You weren't very quiet this morning."