Chapter 11

She hugged him from behind and he sighed, kissing her arms. "Are you done?"

"Almost; I'm just having problems with this Kink client," he replied.

"Is Francine still giving you trouble?" she asked, coming around to lean on the table.

"Yeah. Xav may be cold in how he conducts business, but he knows how to put her in her place. The last thing I want is to bother him with this," he explained.

"But can you handle it? I know you don't want to burden him, but you know how he gets when things don't go according to plan," she pointed out.

"That's just the thing babe, I want to prove myself to him. I know he sees me as his equal but what you just said is exactly why I need to sort this out on my own. This is the first time he's left everything up to me, and I'm not about to show him that I can't handle it. I'm starting to see why he works as hard as he does, but I still want to prove to myself that I can do it," he countered.

She smiled. "I totally get what you're saying, and I'm proud of you. However, just like Xavier doesn't get anywhere by himself, neither will you, so tell me what you need done and I'll do it."

"Do you happen to know a way of bribing Francine?" he asked.

"No, but I can definitely find out. Her assistant is known to be just as much a pitbull as she is, but I'm pretty sure that I can find a way in. Is Francine the only pain in your ass? I want to call it a day already," she said.

"Yeah. I guess we'll come up with a game plan tomorrow. Sounding time with you sounds more my speed right now," he said, wiggling his eyebrows.

"I don't remember inviting you to come with me," she teased.

He scoffed. "I don't remember needing an invite. I'm practically a part of the furniture."

"Is it?" she giggled.

"Half your stuff is at my place woman. You may as well be a part of my furniture too," he joked.

Their relationship was going exceptionally. Much like with her, Everett's dating history showed just how much his job affected, given that the one reason his exes broke up with him was his lack of attention to the relationship.

With Emery it worked well because they work together. They come to work together and leave together, and she understands his schedule and the demands it sometimes has, and vice versa. They have an understanding of each other and their dynamic.

"Then let's move in together," she said.

His eyes widened. "What? Are you serious?"

She nodded. "I am. I don't know about you, but you're it for me Rett. If this doesn't work out between us, then I'm becoming a cat lady because there's no one else who's going to understand and put up with me like you do."

He looked thoughtful for a few seconds before smiling widely, pulling her onto his lap as she squeaked. "Being stuck with you doesn't sound so bad."

"Putting it like that takes the romance out of it, just by the way," she said, rolling her eyes.

"Like you'd have me any other way," he said knowingly.

She tapped her chin. "I think I take my suggestion back."

"Nah uh! You can't do that. We're going to start looking for houses during the weekend," he informed.

"Houses?" she asked.

"Well yeah. I don't exactly see myself raising a family in an apartment," he pointed out.

She narrowed her eyes at him. "Everett Ryan Holmes, what exactly are you saying?"