Chapter 2: Some friends are better as enemies.

In the main dining room of the castle, the vampires talk about their latest killings and the new arrival. Shadow and Silver walk into the room together and Silver bites her lip and looks nervously at the other vampires.

"They don't bit... Much" Shadow said in a sarcastic tone and pushed Silver towards the stairs, Silver took a breath and walked down and sat next to a purple cat with bright red eyes wearing a tight latex outfit.

"You smell nice" The purple cat said and looked in Silver's direction, Silver looked at her and smiled.

"Thank you" Silver replied to the vampire.

"I'm talking about your blood sweetheart" The cat said in a some what evil tone, Silver's eyes suddenly filled with fear. Silver looked away from the cat and began to look around the room cheeking out all of the vampires that surrounded her.

"I was only joking, I wouldn't hurt you, the king would have my head" The cat said to Silver in a more friendly tone.

"I'm Silver, what's your name?" Silver asked.

"It's Blaze" The vampire replied and shook Silver's hand.

"Attention everyone, now as you know some stray vampires have been hunting in our territory, I have reason to believe they re gathering information to attempt to battle us" Shadow said to the vampires in a deep dominating tone.

"I saw one yesterday, I think they are from Mephiles clan" Sonic said to the vampire king. Shadow's eyes turned a darker shade of red and he hissed and growled as his sharp fangs became visible.

"We must find him, he must be destroyed" Shadow yelled across the hall, Silver whimpered and ducked under the table.

Later that night Silver was in her room, she began to get undressed when there was a knock on the door, Silver quickly put her night gown on as Shadow entered the room.

"Hey Silver, I'm sorry I lost my temper" Shadow said to Silver who sat down on the bed and looked away from him.

"It's fine, but I'm kinda sleepy and I would like to go to bed" Silver replied and climbed under the blanket.

"Alright Silver, goodnight" Shadow said and then he walked out of the room and quietly shut the door.

In the main hall Shadow sits on his throne amongst his council members, Sonic, Knuckles, Tails and Amy.

"How can we stop Mephiles?" Shadow asked the group of vampires.

"We may have to go to war Shadow, it could be the only way" Knuckles aid to the vampire king, Shadow looked tot he floor.

"That is the last thing I want to do, I do not want to put my people in danger" Shadow replied to his battle chief.

"We could join the clans through and agreement or something" Amy suggested to the group Shadow thought for a moment.

"What about a marriage?" Shadow said and all the other looked at him in confusion.

"I suppose that could work but who shall marry?" Tails asked the king. Shadow walked over to the computer and called his brother.

"Shadow? What do you want little brother?" Mephiles asked the black and red hedgehog, Shadow took a deep breath.

"You and May have had a baby boy am I correct?" Shadow asked and Mephiles nodded yes but looked slightly confused.

"I have a proposition" Shadow said to his twin brother.

"You have my attention" Mephiles replied to his brother who then looked him directly in the eye.

"I am planning on having a baby and I would like to join our clans through the marriage of our children" Shadow said to his brother who began to think about the idea.

"That could be beneficial to both of us... Alright I shall accept your offer when your daughter turns 18 the two shall marry" Mephiles replied and then ended the call.

"Are you going to tell Silver?" Sonic asked.

"No... No I'm not" Shadow replied and then he left the room.