Chapter 3: A New Way Of Life.

Silver opened her eyes and looked around the room, a frown appeared on her face as she sat up on the bed.
"I'm alone?" Silver said out loud, she looked at the window 'Maybe I should just run away, maybe they won't find me' she thought. Before Silver could make her decision she heard a knock on the door.
"Come in" She said softly, the large wood door opened to reveal a tall blue hedgehog.
"Hello Miss, Shadow has requested you in the main dining hall" the hedgehog said in a demanding tone, Silver nodded and followed the hedgehog into the dining hall.

All the vampires were seated in the dining hall, there were five chairs along with a large throne at the main table, there was a pink hedgehog in one seat, an empty space next to her, a yellow fox next to the throne and a purple cat on the other side of the throne and a green hedgehog in the final chair. Sitting in the large throne was Shadow the vampire king.
"Hello Silver, I hope you slept well" Shadow said to the white hedgehog who hid behind her hair.
"Yes I did thank you" she replied in a shy sheepish tone, the other vampires looked disapprovingly at her.
"We would like to offer you a gift" the green hedgehog said.
"Yes we would like for you to join us" The purple cat finished. Silvers eyes widened and she began to shake.
"Y-you mean become a v-vampire?" Silver stuttered in reply.
"Not right away, we would like for you to have a choice after all, we want to offer you green range of the castle, my only condition is you stay in the castle, if you leave I'll have you chained in a cell understood?" Shadow shouted in an aggressive dominant tone.
"So I'll get to go where I want in the castle and have a place to sleep?" Silver asked.
"Yes, I shall also have food brought in for you as you can't live off blood like us" Shadow said to the scared girl standing before him.
"O-okay, I'll stay in the castle" Silver agreed feeling like she didn't have much of a choice, she would have to find another way to escape the blood sucking monsters.
"Excellent, I would like for you to meet me back here at 19:00 pm for a walk about the castle gardens with me" Shadow requested. Silver nodded and left the room to wonder about the castle.

Silver walked down the dark gloomy halls of the castle, she felt trapped and alone.
"Are you okay?" A sweet voice sounded from behind her. Silver spun round to see a small morning purple dragon with glistening baby blue eyes.
"Who are you?" Silver asked is shock of seeing suck a beautiful creature.
"I'm Caitlin, I heard what Shadow said to you, I just wanted to see if you were okay" The girl replied in a soft nurturing voice, Silver smiled and walked over to her.
"To be honest, I terrified. Your the first vampire I've not been scared of" Silver said.
"Thanks, and trust me as long as you don't push Shadows buttons no one will hurt you, and as for being scared of them, you shouldn't be, they all used to be just like you" Caitlin replied in a friendly and caring tone.
"Really?" Silver asked in disbelief.
"Yeah, Sonic, the blue hedgehog, was a collage student attending Cambridge until he got mugged, Shadow turned him to save his life" Caitlin replied smiling.
"Wow, what about the others?" Silver asked out of curiosity.
"Well, Amy, the pink hedgehog, was an actress about to take on the first ever leading role of broadway, but she fell ill and was given a few months to live, until Shadow found her and changed her" Caitlin told.
"Why did he change her?" Silver asked.
"They were old lovers, the grew apart when Amy fell in love with Sonic. The yellow fox you saw was a Young invented named Miles Tails Prowler, he invented the first flying machine with Leonardo, however he tested in a fell causing all his bones to break, Shadow saved him as his brains would be useful to his newly started clan" Caitlin said in an excited tone.
"What about you and Shadow?" Silver asked hoping she could learn more.
"Well, Shadow was born a vampire he grew up in the dark ages before the time of King Arthur, and I'm the newest vampire, I was abandoned by my mother after I hatched, Shadow found me before I could even see and he raised me until I turned 18 and then he changed me into a vampire" Caitlin said with a smile on her face.
"You really like telling that story don't you?" A loud voice sounded from behind the girls, they turned to see Shadow himself.
"Just trying to make Silver feel more at ease around us" Caitlin said in her defence.
"Did it help?" Shadow asked directing the question towards Silver.
"Yeah, it really did" Silver said smiled at Caitlin. And without another word Shadow walked off into the dark hall.