chapter thirteen

"M-maybe I shouldn't be here.." James says to Bryce, turning towards him.

"What? Come on now, it'll be fine! You guys got some assignments to do right?" James wince.

"I lied, it wasn't an assignment, it was a project."

Bryce sighs. "Same thing. Now go on."

"Where are you going though?" James looks up at Bryce.

Bryce shrugs, "I still have to go back to school to get my book from my locker. You can go ahead. See ya!"

"B-but Bryce!" But the taller man was already walking away and James doubt that he heard his call with his tiny voice, the boy sighs shakingly before raising his right hand onto the door.

Here goes nothing.

James knocks on the door. He heard a bit of shouting from the other side and for a while, he was having a second thought to just run away now. But before he could, he heard a voice inside.

"It's always fucking me. Can't even get some respect in this house." A large man opens the door and James suddenly feels like a puppy in front of a bull dog. Wildcat had to literally looked down just to realize that there's someone in front of him, looking like some lost kitten other than a lost puppy.

"What do you need?" Tyler easily towers over the boy, if James didn't want to run away a while ago, he does now.

Badly.

"U-uh.. Evaaa.." James stutters.

"What? Speak up, kid."

"Evan. Is Evan here?" The boy squeaked. His eyes looks like he's about to cry, Wildcat mentally scoffs at the look.

"What do you want from him?"

"We were supposed to do a p-p-project together."

"A p-p-project eh?" Wildcat mocks before snorting, laughing at the little man, God this kid.

When he looks back at the boy again, it seems like he was about to faint in a few seconds, Tyler doesn't know what to do but he decides to go easy on him.

Wildcat sighs as he looks over to the kid. "He's not here, sorry."

"O-Oh" James looks down.

"Yeah, he's been gone for a while but don't worry, I'll tell him you came by" Tyler scratches the back of his head.

"Thank you, Mister Fong" James says with a sad smile.

"Yea, whatever. Bye" the door then shuts right on James' face.

Silence fills the air as Wilcat turns his back against the door, his hands slowly curling up into fists.

Wildcat was this close to just scream at him and say he's not Vanoss' father —just the thought of it fucking disgusts him— but he stopped himself before he could, God knows what might happen if he ruin Vanoss' stupid cover-up. Or just assume even worse assumptions.

No, he does not want any kind of bullshit to happen.

On the other hand, all the boy could do was stare at the door, terrified, the look on his face says he's about pee on his pants any minute now.

God, that dude was huge, he could be a wrestler or something!

Silently, James hops off their front door. He wonders to himself on what he should do now.
It's not a secret to hide; James is not a very friendly person. He stutters a lot if you couldn't tell, people tend to make fun of him, and most of all, he's a big crybaby. The only friend he ever had was his wall on his room and even then, the wall wasn't quite responsive to his rants. You could say Bryce is his friend, but even James think he's not gonna last that long.