05. The Revelation

Asami and I had chatted all the way home, and she told me that we should go to each of the matches in the championship, since we could be considered regulars now. I had laughed at her, but agreed. Work the next morning was tiring. There was something big going on with the gangs in town, but I couldn't seem to figure it out. None of it made any sense to me, especially since I wasn't completely integrated in the city yet. I left work without anything being accomplished.

Once I got home, I went to Taiyo and asked him if he had seen anything remotely interesting to report that would help the case. He didn't unfortunately. He told me everything had been seemingly calm, and that the gangs had been weirdly quiet for some time. He did tell me however, that there had been talks of several gang members, including the Triple Threats leader Lighting Bolt Zolt, who had gone missing.

The next morning, I woke up knowing exactly what to do. I remembered the papers I had picked up when the protester in the park had been blabbering about this Amon guy. Maybe that would get me on the right track, so I decided to go to the park and ask. However, when I got there, the watertribe girl from last time was there as well, and she had brought someone with her. He was quite handsome and looked strangely familiar.

"Equality now! Equality now! We want equality now!" the protester yelled through his megaphone. I crossed my arms and stopped to listen to him. "Nonbenders of Republic City... Amon calls you to action! Take back your city! It's time for the..." he stopped and gasped. The watertribe girl walked up to him accompanied by the boy. "It's you again!" the protester spoke, not through his megaphone this time. "You cannot silence me, Avatar!" he spoke again, this time, through his megaphone.

The Avatar. It had been her all along. It made sense, she was new to Republic City just like I was and didn't know who Amon was. The guy next to her turned around to look and I instantly knew it was Mako. The Fire Ferrets firebender. I was surprised to say the least, but he was all the more handsome up close.

"Shut your yapper and listen up," the Avatar clenched her fists and I crossed my arms in dismay. Apparently she wasn't the nicest. "My friend got kidnapped by some chi-blockers. Where'd they take him?"

Chi-blockers? I could chi-block. My mom had brought someone to teach Opal, Baatar and I, since we couldn't bend and she wanted us to be able to protect ourselves, should anything happen. I had no idea they were popular in the city.

The protester then crossed his arms. "I have no idea what you're talking about," he stated.

"Oh, I think you do," the Avatar spoke in a threatening voice. She then lifted her leg in the air and slammed it down with a half-moon kick. The earth underneath the table rose, catapulting it into the air and throwing the poor protester off. I let out a squeal of shock and out my hands to my mouth, making just a tiny jump. Leaflets fell off the flying table as snow gracefully landed on the ground again. One landed beside me and I picked it up. It was the same that he'd given me days ago.

""Witness the Revelation tonight, nine o' clock". What's this "Revelation"?" Mako spoke.

"Nothing that concerns the likes of you two!" the protester said in an irritated voice as he continued to scurry the ground, picking up the leaflets.

"You better believe it concerns us. Spill it," the Avatar threatened, she took the man by his collar and lifted him up the ground. Spirits, she was strong.

"No one knows what the Revelation is! And I have no idea what happened to your friend," the protester squealed, frightened. His voice then turned arrogant, "But if he's a bender, then my bet is he's getting what's coming to him,".

"Where's it happening?" Mako asked.

Then a whistle could be heard. I shot my head to the side and the whistle was revealed to belong to a policeman. I dragged my scarf closer to my mouth so that he couldn't recognize me. "Hey! What's going on over there?" the policeman yelled.