08. It's A Date

"Do you think they're going to like the new uniforms?" Asami asked Rei and I as we walked down the hallway toward the pro-bending gym. Asami had invited Rei along, the airbender girl from the gala. Apparently Rei was very close to the Avatar and thereby now also Asami, since Asami and Mako were getting closer and closer everyday. Rei scared me, and her eyes kept haunting me both day and night. I kept going back to the night at the Revelation and it was never good feelings.

Though I put up with a smile. "Mako is going to love anything you put hard work into," I said. Even though just talking about Mako gave me an upset stomach. Even though he was friendly towards me, it felt like a punch in my stomach every time I saw them together.

"Esme's right, it looks great," Rei chimed up. My eyes darted to hers, only to dart away as quickly as possible.

"I just want to impress the team. Korra doesn't seem too fond of me," Asami frowned. I chuckled, knowing Korra didn't seem to fond of me either. I wasn't sure if Korra was really fond of anyone these days.

"Korra just needs some time to get to know you. She'll warm up to you," Rei chirmed.

"Thank you, Rei," Asami smiled and opened the door to reveal the Fire Ferrets standing in a circle with their heads down.

"We're ready!" Bolin and Korra cried out, looking at the three of us.

"Not quite, you'll need these," Asami grinned, holding up the uniform with the Sato logo on them.

"These look great," Mako said, giving Asami a kiss on her cheek. I grimaced at the sight. But took a deep breath and controlled my feelings.

"Well, teammates. I'll see you before the match tonight. Asami and I have a lunch date," Mako said and grabbed hold of Asami's waist before leading her out of the door.

Soon Rei left too, with the dork of the Fire Prince. I hadn't had a chance to formally talk to him after finding out he was the Prince of the Fire Nation. However, I had found out from Taiyo that he was the grandson of Princess Azara. Apparently he was the second in line for the throne, following his older sister Yan. However, in my eyes he was not ready to even be remotely close to being in line for any throne.

"Okay, we'll check you guys later, you know, we'll see you when we see ya," Bolin chuckled. Korra then also left, saying she had some airbending practice with Tenzin

I sighed and then turned to Bolin. "Feel like throwing a disc or two?" I asked. He looked at me and nodded.

Soon I had gotten on a sort of boxing gloves and Bolin was shooting earth discs at me which I swiftly deflected with my hands. "So, are you glad to have Korra back?" I asked.

Bolin shrugged. "It's awesome she's back, but she seems to distracted with all this Amon stuff. I wish he would just go away, do us all a favor," he said.

I looked down, giving Bolin a chance to shoot a disc and hit my stomach. He jumped around and cheered. I chuckled. "You got me," I said and took off the gloves. "Anyway, I think that Amon isn't really something to worry about."

Bolin gave me a wide eyed look. "He can take someone's bending away."

"I understand that. And I guess it's not the nicest thing to say, but would that really be horrible. I mean I can't speak for myself, but is bending really that big of a deal?" I found myself asking.

Bolin looked down. "It's just always been a part of me. I mean my father was from the Earth Kingdom and my mother was from the Fire Nation. I got earth from my father, so it always feels like he's a part of me."

"I'm sorry. I should've guessed," I apologized.

Bolin smiled at me. "That's alright. I should apologize. It's not fair to you that we all complain about Amon who can take bending away when you don't have that," he said.