06. Introductions and Galas

also above dress in a lil' darker shade is what she wears later on in the chapter.

"Esme!? World to Esme?" a voice brought me back to reality. I looked up and into Haydn's eyes. "You were dozing for the fifth time."

"Like you care," I snarled. He put his arms up defensively, grinning cockily. I shot him a mean glare before bowing down to my work. Ever since the revelation, more and more cases have been about Amon. It had been two days since the Revelation. Amon had been everywhere.

My thoughts quickly drifted off of Amon and towards Lin who ordered Haydn to Air Temple Island to protect some little airbender girl who was at the Revelation. Other than that, the day was going by slowly, until the radio caught my attention. "Good evening, my fellow Equalists.This is your leader, Amon," I raise myself, staring at my radio. "As you have heard, the Republic Council has voted to make me public enemy number one, proving once again that the bending oppressors of this city will stop at nothing to quash our revolution. But we cannot be stopped. Our numbers grow stronger by the day. You no longer have to live in fear. The time has come for benders to experience fear," he ends and the radio shut off.

Lin gave me a look, which I reciprocated. She was overworked trying to figure everything out, and it almost made me feel bad, knowing what I did against her.

I had promised Asami I would see her for dinner, so after work I headed to her house. "Esme!" she marveled as she saw me.

I grinned at her excitement and followed her inside the house. "There's actually another reason I invited you here," Asami said once we had finished the delicious dinner. I raised a brow, urging her to keep talking. "There's a gala tonight, for the Avatar, and I want you to come with me. I've already secured you a date. You're gonna love it," she told me.

I made a face of distaste. I had never been one for fancy gatherings, but Asami looked so hopeful I would hate to turn her down. "Okay," I finally said and she grinned from ear to ear. "There's just one problem, I don't have anything to wear for something as fancy as a gala."

Asami smirked. "I think I've got the perfect solution," she said and showed me to her closet. She showed me a beautiful emerald green dress with dark accents and a light skirt. It was beautiful. I tried it on and it fit me like a glove. Asami quickly did my hair in a gorgeous up do. "Finish up and meet me at the door," Asami told me before running off to get her own dress on. I finished up with some light makeup and studied my expression for a moment. I looked much more different than I had a few weeks ago, I looked more like myself.

When I deemed myself ready and started to walk towards the front doors. As I descended the stairs I saw who Asami's date was and who she had selected as mine. Mako and Bolin. I almost tripped in excitement, but Bolin managed to catch me before a made a complete fool out of myself.

"Wow," I breathed upon seeing them both in person. "It's such an honor to meet you. You're amazing," I stumbled upon my words, as the brothers laughed at me.

"Thank you," Mako spoke and offered a smile, which I gave him in return.

Bolin held up his arms for me to take. "My lady," he jokes. I chuckle and take it.

All the way to the gala Mako and Bolin talk about pro-bending and how exciting it is that Mr. Sato is sponsoring their championship pot. I was so thrilled and gave Asami a big hug that she made it possible for us to keep seeing the matches.

The gala was fancier than I'd expected. The four of us walked around with Asami's father, greeting people, all the while Bolin continued to hold onto my arm. It was very sweet and relaxed.