Going to India

Rafa and I went out in the evening. It was kind of relaxing. We met our old friends and it was kind of good to see that most of them had settled. We came back after an hour or three.

"Why don't you visit India Rafa?" I asked him as he drove the car and me sitting beside him.

"Hmmm...I will sometime later. Right now, you see there's a lot of work for me to handle." he reasoned.

"Work is always there Rafa and I believe that you will come up with it." I encouraged him.

"Says the person who is returning back this Saturday. Interesting!" he exclaimed.

"At least I came." I scoffed.

"Yeah man you did but for work." he pointed out.

"I could have rushed my work and went back but I am here right?" I showed him my point. He looked towards me and shook his head.

"Okay I will try to make it this year. I can't promise though." He said while parking the car.

*****

During dinner...

"Asad I came to know that you are leaving Saturday?" Asked Rehan uncle.

"Ya uncle. I am leaving this Saturday. How did you know though?" I asked as I peeked my head up to see him.

"Zayn called me today. So, your work is done?" He inquired me.

"Currently yes but in future I will have to travel again." I answered just as my uncle's phone started buzzing. He answered it and it turned out that it is my dad on the other line. After some words were exchanged, he turned the phone on speaker.

"Asad?" His voice came.

"Assalamualaikum dad." I greeted.

"Walaikumasalam. All done?" He asked about work.

"Yeah dad. Will be returning soon Insha'Allah." I replied.

"Remember what Elnaz asked you for?" he questioned as I thought about what she asked. To bring Firdaus.

"Asad?" he called again.

"Huh?" Was all I replied as I was at loss of words.

"You have to bring Firdaus with you. I have talked to Rehan so just let them know at what time you would leave so Firdaus can be ready to. Alright?" He asked.

"...yeah dad." I replied as I looked towards her who was shocked and was gazing at me. Her eyes showed it all that it came all of a sudden to her.

"Khudahafiz everyone." Dad said.

"Khudahafiz." As we all answered, but still my gaze was on her. She can deny if she wants but she sat there like a statue. Unable to comprehend of what is going on.

******

Firdaus's POV:

Am I going to India? Did I hear it correct? Did Asad said a yes? Is it true? All such sort of question was going through my mind as I heard the conversation. It was like a sudden bomb was dropped on you. But sweet. It had been four saddening years and I hadn't visited India and now going back with Asad just seems dreamy.

Mom, dad and Bhai had given me the permission to go so here I was with mom in my room helping me pack my stuffs. Mom was telling me about do's and don'ts too. Within a day I would be leaving for India. This information currently was too much to grasp.

After some packing was done, I still was left to do some packing. I had to go to shopping. I guess my Ramzan would be spent in India. So, I have some preparations to be done. Anyways I have a day more for that. With that I slowly laid on my bed as I started playing the memories in my mind of my last trip. I was smiling. Things have changed so much with everyone. But Elnaz and me have been in touch and we use to FaceTime each other. I must say that she has grown in to beautiful woman.

Thinking about everything, about Asad and me I cherished some memories. I didn't want for a while to think about some pathetic part or a person in my life. So, I stopped myself from spoiling my mood. With thoughts filled in my mind I slowly drifted to sleep.

Meanwhile...

Assad's POV:
I don't know about what I should think. I don't even know if I should he happy or sad or worried. Firdaus coming with me was a thing to me. Some part of me wanted it where else some part didn't. She has done enough damage for now.

Hope all goes well. Insha'Allah. Anyways I had promised Elnaz to fulfill her wish so be it. I am a man of my words and I don't think I will see much of her because back in India I have a busy life too. I am hardly at home and by the time I am back It's already time for dinner or sometimes bed.

Even Ramzan is approaching.

Just a day more...
In California.

Let's see what Allah has for us in future...