Chapter 13

Clara had woken up before the sun had even risen.  She felt cold and the morning snowflakes had started tumbling down gently making her shiver.
An hour later she felt Newt stir and he opened his eyes, smiling. He stroked her hair and swept it behind her ear. She then decided to show him she was awake. She did the same by gently squeezing his sides and looking up at him dreamily.

"Goodmorning Clara" he smiled.
Clara smirked and got up, left his grasp and headed back into the forest. Newt got up and followed her.

"Excuse me, Miss Fawnfellow? May I have my coat please" He grinned.

"Sure...... but you'll have to catch me first!" She Shouted and ran through the forest with her dainty feet gently sinking into the fresh earth with every step.
Newt looked at her for a moment before chasing after her as if she was one of his beasts. As he was strategically dodging through the trees, a strange question bobbed through his mind.
' If Clara was a beast which beast would she be?'
In the mean time, Clara had stopped and was looking around to try and locate Newt who was behind a tree watching her every move.
'Would she be a niffler? No, she's  too timid. How bout a demiguise? No, she's too graceful. How about a murtlap? Oh no, she's way too angelic and pretty..' did he really just think that?!
He shook it off and began thinking again. He watched her every move. She began looking around to find Newt and her toes were pointed at the ends of those pretty little feet of hers. Her hands were in an elegant position as she kept them apart from her body. Then it struck him.
'A Pheonix. Yes that's perfect! Elegant and strong and........Beautiful..' he thought satisfied with his answer.

"Well come on then?! Catch me if you can" Clara cooed as she twirled I little trying to find Newt.

Newt had lost sight of Clara and was now wandering the middle path.
Clara took a few steps backwards.
So did Newt.

Silence fell.