Chapter 18

NEWTS P.O.V
I stirred from my dreamless slumber as I heard someone calling my name.
"Newt. Newt wake up. Are you feeling OK. Neewwwt"
The voice sounded like an Angel whispering into my ear.
Slowly, my eyes opened and I saw......
"Clara" I said breathlessly. She was beautiful and elegant and so.......angelic. She was stroking my hair gently trying to bring me round.
My heart melted in my chest and an amazing tingling sensation spread throughout my stomach.
I looked at her dreamily bringing my hand up towards her soft face. She smiled and held her hand to mine. It wasn't before now that I realised a single tear falling down her cheek. I caressed my thumb across her cheek and wiped her tear away.
I sat up quickly and wrapped my arms around her neck and burring my face into her shoulder.
"Oh, Clara! My Clara" I said as she returned the hug.
"Glad to have you back Newt!" She shouted excitedly.
I could wait no longer. I had to kiss her. Her lips were to soft and inviting.  So I did.

CLARA'S P.O.V
I gladly accepted Newts embrace but what came after surprised me.
I was about to call to Ivy that he was awake but I was interrupted as Newts lips roughly crashed onto mine. I was to shocked to do anything but after 10 seconds or so I pushed him off. But he came back and layed his head on my chest and wrapping his arms round my waist. I sort of cradled him and stroked his hair a bit to see if he would calm down but no.
"Clara, My dearest, loveliest, prettyist Clara! I love you! You must lest me tell you how much I ardenly admire and love you! You are always in my thoughts and dreams. Oh, Clara I
....."

By this point I had heard enough. I pushed him off me once more and put my finger to his lips.

"Alright Newt that's enough! Now what did Ivy give you?"

"I don't know, as I say, my mind is clouded with visions of you my dear Clara"

"OK well you just stay here while I find out ok?"

"But Clara!" Newt whined. But I had already begun my escape to the kitchen.

"Ivy!? Ivy where are you!?"

"I'm right here C. What's up?"

"What did you give Newt?"

"What he asked for" Ivy responded in great confusion. "Why, what's happening?"

"Just gimme the vile he drank from!"

Alright, alright take it easy!" She said angrily handing me the vile.

I took out a pencil and began to redraw the letters from the smudges.

When I had finished I couldn't believe what I was reading. So I quadruple checked it and realised that there is no possibility of it being anything else.

"Well then what is it?!" Ivy asked worry thick in her tone.

"Amortentia" I whispered.