Chapter 16

"Tea, Mr Scamander" Ivy said smiling weakly.

"Please." he replied as Ivy flashed him a quick smile before disappearing into the small kitchen.

For a few moments, Newt stood awkwardly by the door gazing down at his shifting feet.
"i-i-i-i suppose y-you would like me t-to leave?" he eventually said.
After a long pause, a long sigh came from Ivy. "Well, strictly speaking you shouldn't be here anyway."
Newt returned his glance to the floor holding his case tighter.
"You don't have anywhere to go do you?" Ivy let out another long sigh and placed a hand on her hip.

Newt shook his head. 
"No" he whispered "I was going to stay with friends but i-i-i-i feel I have been to much of a burden on them this p-p-past few days"

Ivy popped her head round the kitchen door and looked at Newt quizzically.
"Isn't Clara your friend?"

Newt was stumped.
Is she my friend? Well maybe? If she's not my friend then why am I still here. Why can't I just walk out the door and pretend none of this ever happened. But I kissed her so are we friends? Wait.  Oh dear god!  I KISSED her! Why?! What the hell is going on! Why can I not just leave her! Whenever she's close I feel happy and sick at the same time.  My mouth goes dry, my throat hurts, my stomach flusters. What is happening to me!  She's mak-

Newts train of thought was broken when he felt the creaky wooden floor boards slap his face. Which was followed by a gasp from a woman and then silence.

Ivy
I was just making tea, waiting for Newt to reply, when I heard a thud. I opened the kitchen door and gasped loudly. Newt was lying on the living room floor unconscious. I sighed. This man thinks too much.