03 Hurt (part two)

"Will she be okay?"
"Yes. She's lucky. The bullet passed through without hitting anything vital."
You couldn't see anything.
"I wonder what happened."
But you could hear everything. Who were those people? You willed yourself to open your eyes. You saw a ceiling, and to your right, an I.V. Bag with a clear liquid in it half way empty connected to a thin tube and into a needle that was in your skin, sending the liquid through your veins.
Wait a minute...the last thing you remembered was looking up at the sky, not a ceiling. Your eyes widen as your breathing speeds up. You sit up quickly and yank the I.V. Out of your arm, ignoring the sting in your arm and pain in your abdomen.
"Hey, woah woah woah! Slow down..." A deep voice had entered your ear and you froze, the sheets thrown onto the ground. You turn slowly towards the voice and stare into his bright blue eye. Bandages were wrapped around his head, covering his right eye.
"I'm Carl.And you're going to be okay..."
"W...Where am I?" Your throats was dry and your voice cracked. Carl smiled at you and you relaxed slightly. "Your in Alexandria. It's kinda like a sanctuary." Sanctuary? Yeah right...Your thoughts cut off when you saw how serious his face looked.
"Wait...really? It's...it's safe here?" You ask in disbelief, momentarily forgetting your wrapped up abdomen that you jerked in surprise, which turned into a groan of pain as you held onto your stomach. Carl nods, fixing his bandage that started to slip. "Michonne, I don't think you tied this tight enough." He grumbled.
The African American woman smiled slightly at Carl and motioned him to go to her. "Well, rest up," he starts, standing up form his place beside you. "You'll need it. My dad will want to know what happened and ask questions."