09 "I love you..."

Background Info: Yours and Carl's first I love yous
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

It was a warm day in Alexandria today. You and your boyfriend Carl were cuddling in his bed. Rick and Michonne, unbeknownst to you two were leaning against the closed door listening in on your conversations. "Do you think the world will ever be back to the way it was before?" His fingers, which previously rubbing up and down your bare back (that's right, passionate night) had stopped.
"I'm not sure babe. I'm not sure..." you look up at him and smile sadly. You hum against his chest and snuggle against him.
"Have you ever thought about our future?" You ask out of the blue, drawing small patterns on his naked chest. He chuckles, the vibration tickling your fingers. "Of course." "Oh really? What about our future do you think about?" Carl looks down at you and you look up at him.
"Well, we'd own a house, have two children, one boy and one girl, we'd own a dog-" "a dog?" You laugh, covering your mouth. Carl laughs along with you and wraps his arms tighter around you. "What if I want a cat?" You ask, smiling at him. He pulled you above him and smiled. "then we'll get a cat. A house, two children, and a cat. How's that sound?"
Your arms go around his neck. "That sounds perfect." Rick and Michonne, looked at each other and smiled. His son was growing up. Carl seemed nervous all of a sudden. You looked down at him and furrowed your eyebrows. "What's wrong Carl?" One of his hands reach up towards your cheek as he cups it, his thumb gently rubbing against it. He takes a deep breath.
"I love you y/n." Your smile instantly made him relax. "I love you too Carl." You instantly press your lips against his and somehow your bodies ended up entangled in the sheets together once again.