Chapter Seven - Call me, Maybe?

Kilig:

(n.) The rush or the inexplicable joy one feels after seeing or ex-periencing something romantic.

Chapter Seven – Call Me, Maybe?

----------

It bothers me to no end that Charlotte doesn't seem to notice my uneasiness around her, or the fact that we have been barely speaking to each other. She doesn't even seem to know that some-thing went wrong, she forgot it that same evening. I, however, still have this feeling like it's just not right. Maybe I'm not made to live in a place like this, but it's so stupid that I had never thought of it before.

I'm used to following the rules with closed eyes and then all of a sudden I start thinking of wanting something else, maybe even someone else.

I don't know why, but suddenly everything is boring around here. This routine that's always been here, makes me feel imprisoned. I try to do something else instead and it's almost scary how simple things -like having breakfast first, before putting my clothes on- feel like small victories. I also decided to let Charlotte have the car as I got picked up by the company's chauffeur. Then we both have more freedom, without really showing it to the rest of the community. And without Charlotte noticing how I want to be more independent.

Another thing that has been bothering me is the fact that Evan hasn't called me yet and it's almost been two weeks. Maybe he's simply got something more important to do, or he decided that our friendship isn't going to work out. But even then I had expected a small text message, a simple thing to let me know he's alright. And this worrying has brought me to the point that I am looking through our company's files to find his account. To see if his number is somewhere in the system.

Grace doesn't questions it as she sees me scrolling through thousands of contacts.

'There's a search bar in the upper left of your screen.' I immediately type his name and within five seconds his profile pops up.

'Thanks.' I say with a smile and she just throws a couple of files on my desk for me to look at before walking out.

I don't even doubt myself as I put his number in my phone, under his own name, before closing my computer off and starting on the files.

My eyes fall on a brown envelope and as I open it a small piece of from our local newspaper falls out. I scan over the words, but nothing really registers right now. But then I see Evan's name in the letter and it immediately spikes my interest. My heart begins to beat faster as I read over the lines and I so badly want to throw something around.

Hereby I declare that Mister Alexander Donahew has fired me on aspects of false accusations. Not only did he believe a client -Evan Knight-, who was not satisfied with our care, he didn't even give me a chance to defend myself. Now I am not a rich man, therefor unable to do anything law-related to this matter, but I will not stand for this. I seek for support via you people, the community that supports each other, to help me in this matter. And this isn't the only mistake mister Donahew has made this week. He left his wife after calling her the most horrible names, and after this he stayed away for a whole night, leaving the woman to fend for her-self. Please people, foresee that I am not doing this to shame on mister Donahew, as I have forgiven him already. But be aware of his tactics, he won't care about your situation if it's for mister's own benefit.

The paper in my hand is crumbled and I can see the angry tears blurring my vision. I can't believe that a man would do this to me, but mostly to Evan. People know me, they sometimes understand that rumors are spread, but they don't know Evan. They will probably search for him and make him pay for something he hasn't even done.