SEVEN | METALIZE

❝ Told you'd be back in a flash

in a flash. ❞

───────
SEVEN | METALIZE

I scribbled a few words on a page. Sloppy and messy handwriting being stamped on it due the tedious process of writing a report. Everything was calm and silent it was only the tick-tocking of the clock in the wall that echoed throughout the laboratory that made my attention drift a little.

Tick, tock, tick, tock.

I closed the file and placed it neatly on top of the stack of files on my desk. I still couldn't stop thinking about what had happened earlier if I'm honest, however, I had to concentrate on my job and pretend it never happened, it was the best I could do.

I had just grabbed a new report form and my pen was about to scribble the first word on it when something alerted me, it was just for a second, it was like I sensed something was coming, but before I could do something, my breath got caught in my throat at the sudden and kind of numbing and disorienting sensation running through my body, next thing I know is wind hitting my face and lights flashing in front of my eyes, when it stopped I found myself standing in the middle of a building's roof. My eyes open wide and myself slowly starting to freak out. I noticed I still had my pen in my hand, I was squeezing it as if my life depended on it, and my hair was wildly moved out of place; I stood there, comprehending—or at least trying to.

"Where am I?" I said to myself, looking at my surroundings, slightly petrified.

"Three blocks form the police department," I choked a scream when the deep voice came out from the dark, "don't worry, I'm not gonna hurt you," a small and silent gasp left my mouth as I came to the realization it was Central City's guardian.

"You're him," I said, "you're the one who's been saving people, aren't you? The Streak, right?" I saw the lightning bolt flashing as he moved to another spot in the dark, "Wow, you are real!" I exclaimed, not believing my eyes.

"I'm not here to talk about me," he stated firmly, "I'm here to talk about you," my eyes widened for a moment.

"About me?" I tried to play the fool, "I need to go back to work! This is kidnap, you know that? You brought me here, now would you mind-" I stopped mid-sentence when a blast of wind whipped me, sending my hair into havoc again, this time I combed it back into place using my fingers.

"Miss Steel, I know your secret," his voice seemed to reverberate through the soft night breeze. The man in the red suit was standing in front of me against the light so I could only see his slim frame, not his face. I frowned as I observed him, he was quite enigmatic and mysterious.