NINE | UNMASKED

❝ People willbe safe

❝ People will
be safe. ❞

───────
NINE | UNMASKED

I closed my eyes for a moment and felt how a smile started to appear on my lips. It had been a while since the last time I had danced with a partner. The last time I had done it was at prom and it didn't go as I expected to. For starters, my partner had to leave early and I spent the rest of the night alone and wishing I had bought more comfortable heels—if that's even possible. However, today I was feeling like I could dance for the rest of my life—maybe I had just realized how distracting and relaxing it was to me or maybe it was just the company.

"You're really good at this—uh, is—is this okay?" Barry's voice joined the soft music that played on his phone. He stammered at the end and I saw the struggle going inside of him, "I mean, am I going too slow— should my hands be placed here?" I had to stop myself from laughing.

"It is okay," I said for the hundredth time; waiting for DNA results had never been so entertaining, "also, there's nothing wrong with slow dancing," he smiled, looking down at his feet again; with my hand I touched his chin lightly, "your partner's eyes are up here, don't look at your feet, just feel the music cursing through your body."

"Sorry, it's just I don't want to step on you," he muttered. I gave him a smile. I was surprised when he asked me to teach him how to dance all of a sudden, I knew I had offered myself to do it yet I had thought that after the accident he had forgotten about it, well, he didn't. I felt his fingers nervously moving on the little of my back, "I'm so bad at this," he breathed out, shaking his head.

"You're doing really good actually—I will teach you and the next time you and Felicity go on a fancy date, she'll be blown up by your dance skills," I told him, wiggling my eyebrows while he laughed under his breath.

"Just for the record, it wasn't a real date, she just needed a partner for a party and I happened to be there," he shrugged, "plus, she's into someone else," I lifted my eyebrows, "I'm not surprised, though, one-sided love is some sort or curse for me."

"Yeah, tell me about it," I babbled, raising an eyebrow quickly. I stared at his chest as I my mind drifted away, thinking of nothing really, then as suddenly as I had zoned out, I snapped back into reality, "why do you have to be so freaking tall, Barry?" He let out a breathy laugh, "Seriously, your chest is all my eyes can see from down here."

"Why do you have to be so short?" He used his hand to indicate my height, then he placed it on my head and I couldn't help but glare at him, "I'm joking, Harl," he pulled me into a tight hug all of a sudden, crashing me against his chest and I didn't really know what to do. Barry's lotion filled my nose and I secretly smiled to myself, yeah, I didn't know what to do, I just knew I enjoyed being that close to him. I wrapped my arms around him and chuckled like he was doing, otherwise just standing there smiling to myself like an idiot would have seemed weird.