Three...

Francheska Troven

I laid in bed staring at nothing but the ceiling. Trying to think if I should just give up or continue fighting for Rovan.

But before I could continue to think, there was suddenly a banging on my door, "Francheska Troven! Until when do you plan on neglecting your duties as a Beta Female?" Selena shouted.

I tried to cover her voice out by covering my ears with the pillow I was hugging awhile ago but it was no use, with our sharp senses things such as pillows can't block noises as loud as that.

"Just leave me alone for a while Sel, I need time!" I shouted back as a reply.

I heard her sigh in frustration, "Time? For goodness sake France, it is something that you cannot ask with the burden you carry with the title as the Beta Female."

"Yeah and it seems you didn't think of that when you left the pack." I mumbled.

"Even if you mumble I can still hear what you're saying you know." She shot back, "But I'll leave you be since it seems you're being stubborn once again."

I listened to her fading footsteps as she walked away making me sigh in relief. I appreciate the concern she's showing me but there are things that I don't want her to bother with. 

But still...

The heaviness of Rovan's words the last time we talked face to face is still weighing me down even though a week has passed. In what way is he trying to cut off his connection with me? 

There is a way for  him to destroy the the connection completely in which both of you will suffer but done when you are completely mated, can even cause death. My wolf Freya answered solemnly.

I felt my body shiver at what she said but I remained silent. When she realized that I won't talk to her, I heard her sigh and blocked the connection once again.

If Rovan's anger does not dissolve soon, especially with the time that anger grew I am sure he will use the method Freya just told me if he knows about it. Which I hope that he knows nothing about.

It seems that I'll have to talk to Selena after all knowing she might know something about this especially with the thing she had in the past with Thaddeus.

Rovan Owen 

I still haven't forgotten what happened last week with Francheska, and I hated how I felt after uttering the hurtful towards her.

I felt her pain

"Dammit! Why the hell am I feeling this way? I already promised myself that I'll forget about her and cut my connection off." I angrily told myself.

You don't need to ask that question anymore Rovan, because you know that you still care about Francheska. Will you remain stubborn even if you still feel like this? Peltran asked. 

I can feel his irritation in his words but I know that if I continue feeling this way, things are not going to be good. I'll be destroyed once again.

"Will you just please shut up? You're my wolf, so your the one who's suppose to understand me the most." 

I'm telling you this because I understand your feelings clearly, you idiot. He replied.

I laughed sarcastically, "Yeah, but were not agreeing at anything for the past three years. With the type of relationship we have, I consider this a failure."

After telling him that, he cut of the connection without even telling me anything. I sat on the sofa in my room and closed my eyes.

'See,' I thought, 'With just a little argument you immediately blocked me.'

After a few minutes, I drifted off.

Flashback

"Francheska, will you marry me?"

My eyes opened as I heard myself speak the words I spoke three years ago. There I saw myself kneeling on the ground showing the ring to her. I can see her eyes water but she immediately pulled me up.

"Of course I will you idiot, I agreed to mate with you already a month ago. What makes you think that I won't marry you?" She joked while laughing.

I watched myself smile at her words and the Rovan in front of grabbed Francheska's hand gently and inserted the ring.

What the hell are you doing Rovan?! A voice shouted angrily.

I turned around and saw Peltran looking at me with furious eyes. But I can also see the pain as he continued to watch the memory continue just like how it did three years ago.

I masked my emotions, "What are you talking about? You're the one who unlocked this memory that I hid in the deepest part in my mind."

I did no such thing! It's painful for me as well that's why I made sure it was locked until you open your heart to forgive our mate so do not blame this on me. He growled.

"It was me my dear children," A soft and loving voice spoke behind us.

When I turned around I saw a beautiful woman standing with a gentle smile staring at the two of us. I saw Peltran's eyes widen in shock and immediately bowed his head.

"Mother, what do we owe the pleasure of your visit?" He asked, his voice full of respect before turning to me with a glare, "Rovan for freaking sake show some respect."

I arched an eyebrow at him, "Why should I show some respect to someone I have never met?"

The woman laughed, "Let him be Peltran, what he said made sense." Then she smiled, "I am the Moon Goddess, the mother of all werewolves spirits."

After hearing her words, I took a step back. I narrowed my eyes in an instance, even if her tone was soft I immediately felt the pressure of the atmosphere surrounding the beautiful goddess.

I coughed, "Then forgive my insolence, I didn't know that the one standing before me is the most important being for all werewolves."

She shook her head, "Do not worry about it, my child. But we must talk."

"Talk about what my lady?"

Her face immediately turned from the soft smiling woman to the serious face woman, "Why, about Francheska and your's problem that concerns your crumbling relationship."

*****

Sorry about some error, Rovan's wolf is Peltran and not Horus. If you notice some error please comment or message me right away.