Fifteen...

Rovan Owen

Upon seeing Theseus in front of me, all I could think of was the danger he brings. By instinct I grabbed Francheska and pulled her behind me and glared fiercely at the Rogue king while growling in the most threatening way I can. But I have one problem if we truly get into a fight.

I don't have my wolf, meaning shifting is not possible and that puts me in a huge disadvantage.

Should I grab Francheska out of here and leave? Or do we stay since our business is with Feruella anyway. Any of the choices are risky, but it's better to have options than having none at all.

"We aren't here to fight, we have our own problems to fix and the only one who could help is the witch." He tells me with cautious eyes.

I noticed how he grabbed quietly his mate's hands.

"Rovan, let it go. You heard what Feruella said right? She doesn't want a fight happening in her house." She whispered to me.

I nodded slowly, then suddenly it dawned upon me of what I did. Coughing, I moved away and tried to stay as far as I can.

She noticed me and shook her head, I ignored it.

"So I'll work with the Beta and her mate first. They did contact me for this Rogue King, you understand don't you?" Feruella asks.

He frowned but in the end Theseus nodded before leaning towards his wife. Serena just smiled at the action while shaking her head in amusement.

This hit me hard, why do they deserve this while I'm here almost having lost everything?

Noticing my hostility, Feruella shot me a warning glare. I swallowed my resentment and followed the witch as she gestured for us to follow. Francheska was not far behind me.

"I have prepared everything that we'll need for the ceremony. And I must let you understand though Beta, this will only be successful with the help of your mate. Since her wolf will be the one helping to call out for yours." Then she pursed her lips, "It will be very painful for you as well."

I nodded slowly knowing there's no point for me to argue. It's easier to just get everything over and done with.

She made us stand together with our hands holding the other's. Then Feruella started chanting.

"Oh goddess of darkness that provides with power and strength, give sight and understanding to this servant of yours."

Once the last word of the chant was uttered, both of my knees buckled startling Francheska who was still holding my hand. Looking down at me with worry, she opened her mouth as if to ask me what's wrong but I was unable to hear anything when my eyesight went dark.

But I can feel myself screaming in pain as the feeling of my body being forced apart took over me.

Francheska Rovan

I watched in horror as my mate dropped to the ground and the whole room filled with his screaming.

Worried and panicking, I turned immediately to Feruella.

"What is going on?" I shouted in anger.

But even the witch looks confuse, "I... I don't know. I was waiting for Oscudis sign before continuing the ritual but this happened." She answered.

Knowing that even she has no answer for the situation, I felt the panic rise fast in me. No matter how damaged our bond I will never let him get harmed on my watch.

"He will continue to be like this as long as I wish." A cold amused voice suddenly spoke behind us.

All of us turned to the source of the voice and saw a woman standing with a cruel yet amused smile. My head started to hurt the moment I saw her and it felt like someone is hammering on it.

"Y-you...?"

For some reason even I felt myself being overwhelmed, and a part of me wishes to get out of here as fast as I can. But obviously I cannot do that with Rovan in so much pain.

"Hello Francheska Troven, I am Oscudis a goddess. Mother of your respected moon goddess." All of a sudden, she was by my side. She leaned forward and whispered to my ear.

"Guess who made this Royal Beta like this?"

Her voice felt cold and cruel. It sent shivers through me and it reminded me of loneliness and darkness.

I stood firm and replied, "It's you who did it. The moment you showed up and with the ritual failing, those were enough to make me understand who the perpetrator was."

She laughed and turned away from gliding through the room to approach Rovan. When I realized this, I try to run towards my mate but with a lift of her finger I was forced to kneel.

"Oh Rovan, Rovan. Tell me young mortal what is it you wished for again?"

I watch Rovan look up slowly as if it pained him, "To forget." He whispered.

That made my heart clench, so it was him who wanted it. I should have expected it, I should have known.

With a smile, Oscudis lightly touched his face and caressed it.

"Yes, now why are you asking for it to be brought back? Give me a reason to grant this and return the memories you ask to be taken away in the first place."

Rovan's gaze suddenly landed at me, watching me with a strange curiosity.

"To know why I chose to forget and find out if my decision was truly right.  "

"Very well, you mortals have always been foolish. I will let those foolishness of yours swallow you and see how it breaks you once again. Let us see how you shatter under the pressure of the memories that once destroyed your bond, trust and...

You."