Twelve...

Francheska Troven

I fidgeted in my seat remembering what Freya told me yesterday. The fact that she told me out of nowhere that I'm temporarily the Beta isn't helping my situation. How will I act one when the true Beta doesn't even know he has a mate that could substitute him?

Selena gave me a questioning look but I ignored her because it will make her more suspicious.

"Okay I do hope that everyone is here and that NO ONE is going to disrupt the flow of this meeting." Thaddeus spoke firmly, "I don't want to have a third meeting in one week when we are suppose to only have a meeting per two weeks." He gave a look to Rovan.

My mate turned away looking nonchalant making Thaddeus sigh and Selena laugh in amusement.

"Why don't we just continue the meeting now Thadd?" Selena suggests with a smile.

This made our Alpha give us all an exasperated look, we all just stared at him.

"Fine, I'll go straight to the point. Let me confirm one thing, Rovan."

Rovan's head snapped, "What is it Alpha?"

"You don't remember anything about your own mate?" Thaddeus asked carefully.

Everyone tensed at the question, it made me nervous.

Rovan shook his head, "I'm sorry Alpha but I haven't met my mate yet."

And with those words I felt my heart break after a hundred times.

"That's where things get complicated Beta, you actually met her already and she is in this room."

After he said that, my heart started racing. He'll immediately know because I'm the only woman here that doesn't have a mate.

With a frown on his face, he looked around and when his eyes laid upon me I can see the realization flash through his eyes.

He turned to Thaddeus with a look of disbelief, "Do not joke about this Alpha, I can't even remember her!" He shouted as he stood up.

"Well, sorry to say this Beta but it's the truth," He snapped before sighing, "Sit down, we'll talk about this in a proper manner."

Rovan turned to me and stared at me as if he's trying to analyze me in some way. It made me uncomfortable because I can feel the pleasure inside me knowing my mate is paying attention on me.

Even Freya is yipping inside my head, pleased.

With narrowed eyes still fixated on me, he slowly nodded as he took a seat. The tension remained especially with Dashia and Felico's unresolved argument. It seems only Selena and Thaddeus are the only couple going well.

"So how should we start explaining this?" Selena asks her mate.

"Let Francheska tell him everything. We'll just add some comments when she might miss a few details without knowing it."

I nodded and sat up straight, my heart pounding from nervousness.

I'll tell him the truth even if it means making him distance himself more from him.

Enough with secrets and lies, those things were the reason for the situation we are all in.

"Well, it all started when..."

Rovan Owen

I listen to her talk about how we met, how we were before as mates and when she left me.

"What broke us apart?" I ask her curiously.

I can see her breath hitch and everyone fidgeting as I asked the question.

She took a deep breath and replied, "I didn't tell you I was pregnant when I left with Selena. But then... I lost the child without you even knowing I was pregnant."

Thoughts swirled inside my head, I couldn't believe this. What they said can't be true because that just shows how bad our bond is. I couldn't even think properly after hearing the story.

"You can't be serious." I told her.

She shook her head and I closed my eyes trying to block everything out.

I don't want to see them, especially that woman who they claim to be my mate yet has hurt me that much? This is ridiculous!

Standing up, "I need some air." I mumbled before leaving the meeting room.

Everything is confusing me, I have a mate that I didn't even know I have, my memories are gone and my wolf won't reply to any of my calling.

What is really going on?

"Rovan."

"Alpha, I really need to be alone right now. There are things that needs to be thought through with all the things that you all told me I feel so... lost."

I didn't want to admit it but I feel so upset and useless. There are so many things I didn't even know, that I should have remembered. But all the things they told me really didn't make any sense to me.

Thaddeus sighed, "I know we're confusing you, especially when you just woke up a few days ago from a coma but I felt like you needed to know it." He put a hand in my shoulder as if trying to comfort me, "It is your right."

Closing my eyes I shrugged his hand off. It may be rude but there are things that I need to find some answers first.

"Thaddeus just leave for now, that's all I'm asking. I can't shift because my wolf isn't answering me. I feel like things aren't right in so many ways so let me get my thoughts together and I will talk to my, my mate." I turned to him, "Is that enough Alpha?"

He stared before sighing, "Very well, I will leave you alone just like you want. But promise you will talk to her."

I nodded and he walked away.

Turning to look at the sky, I know. The right thing to do is talk to my mate, but before that I need to talk to someone that might actually help with my situation.

I grabbed my phone and punched in a number, "Hello?" A sickening sweet voice answered.

"It's good that you haven't changed your number." I told her with a cold voice.

She cackled, "Oh if it isn't the Beta of the most powerful pack. A surprise if I must say so."

I gritted my teeth in anger, this is why I don't like negotiating with their kind. They like to play with you and make you irritated.

But instead of shouting I took a deep breath and calmly informed her, "Let's make a deal Feruella, help me and I will give you my blood. You need a Beta's blood of a werewolf right?"

She hummed, "Now that is very interesting Beta Rovan do state what you want."

"Help me remember.... And find out what happened with my wolf."