Fourteen...

Rovan Owen

Thaddeus stared at me, I remained silent. After explaining to him that I had to leave for the sake of finding out what happened to my wolf and if possibly to get the missing memories back.

"And may I ask, Rovan, where will you start?" He asks looking suspicious.

I gulped, do I tell the truth?

Thaddeus isn't actually very comfortable when it comes to witches. Especially with what happened last time. But he knows that the one at fault is actually the Alpha himself, but he wouldn't be pleased to know about this.

He seem to notice my hesitance since the atmosphere suddenly changed around him.

"Beta, I suggest you tell me the truth before I lock you down in the dungeons." With his Alpha tone, he ordered.

"I'm going to meet Feruella and ask for her help, she already told me the price so at least I don't have to worry about that."

Thaddeus stared at me as if I've gone insane, "What in the world are you thinking Rovan?"

"I know what I'm doing."

He gave me a long look as if contemplating whether I'm still right in the mind. But after a while I can see him giving up and sighing.

"Alright, if you really think this is the only way. But be careful of that witch, she can be very cunning."

I nodded and left the office.

To my surprise, Francheska is waiting outside. When she saw me her face turned serious and her eyes full of determination.

"What are you doing here?" I ask as I sighed.

"Let me come with you."

My eyes widened a fraction in disbelief. Did she think that the two of us going away together is a good idea?

"Have you lost it?"

She scowled, "No, but this time if I actually want to have a chance to get you back or at least gain your forgiveness then I need to act. Maybe you losing your memories was a sign from the moon goddess for me to try."

I wanted to say no, but I couldn't. Not with the way she's looking at me like that. Pleading yet determined. There is no way this is going to work, but without my memories... There is no real reason for me to actually despise her. Even after everything I've heard, no hatred comes to me. Just the hurt of knowing something like that happened to the two of us.

"Do whatever you want, I won't stop you." I relented.

I turned away from her and walked away. Suddenly I felt my chest tightened, why am I feeling this?

Francheska Troven

It surprised me that he let me come with him. His memories are missing and suddenly he's a little bit more accepting to my actions. Even though I told him everything, he's too calm about it.

Yes, he got angry a little bit after he learned everything but then...

It's done.

He started acting mellow, should I ask him? The last talk we had was bad, he had this pained face. A face I last saw when I told him about our lost. Something I cannot forget.

Selena strides towards me with a worried face, "Are you sure about this France? I mean with what happened..."

"Don't worry about me Sel, I'll be fine. I wouldn't be here if he didn't allow it you know."

Before Selena could even ask again Rovan showed up all ready.

"Are you ready? The car is already outside and I really want to finish this fast."

I can feel how uncomfortable he is around me, Rovan seems confuse when he talks to me. As if he doesn't know how to treat me. And because of that, I feel a little bit of hope.

I nodded and followed him when he turned his back and walked away. Before fully leaving, I gave my best friend a reassuring smile. She returned it but I can see the hesitance in her eyes.

"Francheska"

Hearing my mate call out, my head involuntarily turned to look at him. He has this look in his face that doesn't really know what he is suppose to do with me.

"Rovan, listen. I know you're confuse with losing your wolf, finding out I'm your mate, the things I've done and then losing your memories. You might not really want to acknowledge me but... I'll do my best." Taking his hands into mine, I stared straight into his eyes.

"Whatever resentment, anger and hurt you want to throw at me,I am ready to receive it."

"I..."

Rovan was unable to continue when the one preparing our car called out saying it's ready. He looked at me for a  moment and walked away. The look he gave me was something I am not used to see in his eyes.

It was the look of longing and desperation.

He doesn't usually show such expressions. His memory going missing is confusing Rovan and part of me wants to take advantage of that. But what if it comes back and the situation gets worse?

But I do know one thing, this is no time for me to give up. Especially when my mate's memories are missing. Whatever negative emotions we feel right now needs to be pushed aside. Nothing is more important than helping him.

Even if the outcome is unknown.

***
After hours of driving in uncomfortable silence, we finally arrived at the witch's place.

The door was opened for us and Rovan's already looking around. I quietly stepped out and followed his gaze and I saw a big house painted white.

Is this her house?

Surprisingly... it looks really a home. Something I didn't expect.

When my mate started walking, I immediately followed not wanting to be left behind. This place may look beautiful but this is still deep in the forest and no way will I want to get lost.

He ringed the doorbell twice and we waited patiently for Feruella to open the door.

"Oh. You're here already, come in." She peered at me before stepping aside. "Please excuse me for a moment, I have two guests who came unexpected and I do not think you will be pleased to see them. And I do not wish for a fight to to break out and destroy my home. So please remain your calm once you see them."

That made me frown in confusion until I see Rovan staring at something,  no, at someone.

Following his eyes, my eyes widened in shock seeing the meaning of Feruella's words.

In front of us are the Rouge King and his wife staring back at us with the same shock our face has.