Eleven...

Rovan Owen

I looked for Dashia the moment I went out of the meeting room. It made me feel guilty knowing I might be one of the reasons as to why she's crying.

I saw her staring at a pond looking lost. It almost made me want to shake her so she would snap out of it.

"Dashia."

She turned to me and smiled slightly, "How did things end up this way?" She asked.

She was staring up at the sky, the way she stated her question as if she didn't expect any response so I kept silent.

"Tell me Rovan, aren't you noticing anything wrong about our situation when you woke up?"

I sighed, "The moment I woke up I noticed something wrong already, especially when I saw that girl Francheska."

She pursed her lips, "Well that's good, I think." I raised an eyebrow at her, "I mean at least your not as oblivious as I thought." She teased with a smirk.

I sighed in relief secretly, at least she's back to her old self. I do hope that her and Felico would get things back together.

"Hey Dashia, can I ask you something?"

She gestured at me to go on, "Who is Francheska to me, and I to her?"

She went silent and her face turned into a frown for a few minutes making me question if I asked something that shouldn't have been asked. But I couldn't help but think that there is something I should know to at least help me understand the situation better.

"It's better if that question is to be answered tommorow at the meeting. Things would be more explained there."  She finally replied.

I opened my mouth to convince her but then shut it immediately. Maybe she's right, if I try to force the answers out of her it may just confuse me more.

I sighed, "Fine, but thanks Dash. I hope you and Felico fix things between you, sorry for causing trouble between the two of you."

"No," she denied while shaking her head, "He's the one who's wrong. I acted simply as a friend to you and he misinterpreted it in a wrong way."

Her answer made me laugh, "Okay. See you at the meeting, I'd like to train and maybe work on some documents that I have missed on while I was unconscious."

She nodded and waved her hand as I walked away.

When she was out of sight, I frowned. There are things that I want to understand but with the way everyone is acting it wouldn't be easy so I'll just wait until tomorrow. If there answer is not enough to settle the unease I'm feeling then I'll find out the truth with my own way.

Even if everyone is against me, I will know what I need to know.

Francheska Troven

I wanted to slap myself when I realized what I just accused Dashia and Rovan of. Now, because of my frustration about my relationship I might have destroyed Dashia and Felico's relationship!

"France, that was way out of line." A reprimanding voice spoke behind me.

I turned around and saw Selena with a frown on her face giving me a disappointed look. It made me swallow knowing the graveness of what I have done.

"Sorry." I mumbled.

"I know your confuse, hurt and frustrated but you can't just lashed it out on Dashia. She was trying to help you two." Selena continued.

"I know!" I shouted which startled her.

And once again I wanted to slap myself. Now I'm lashing out on my best friend when it's clear that she's here to comfort me.

I closed my eyes and unable to stop myself I started to sob, "I know what I did Selena and I know what it could do to Dashia and Felico's bond. I regret it, it's just... The envy hit me when I realized that Rovan trusted Dashia that much. It hurts, especially knowing Rovan can't even remember that I am his mate!"

Selena's eyes filled with pity and I hated knowing it was for me, "I know France, don't cry. I'm sorry if I nagged awhile ago."

I shook my head, "Don't worry about it, but can you leave me alone for a while?"

Her eyes suddenly narrowed at me, "I know you were gonna say that. You keep on pushing me away even though I want to help you."

"I'm sorry."

She sighed, "Fine, but at least talk to me when you can find some time okay? It feels like the three of us are drifting apart. Katarina and I rarely talk and you keep on shutting me out."

I nodded and she reluctantly left.

Sighing, I walked towards my bed and laid down. What she mentioned about Katarina actually worried me. With all that's happening with me and my mate, I forgot about my other best friend and how she's doing.

All I know, is that three years ago she and Dylan aren't doing well too. To think about it, only me and Katarina's relationship started out well but then in the process something happened. Selena's relationship started badly but at least it ended well and the problem only lasted for a few months.

But I'm happy for her anyway, because she was able to have a proper bond with Thaddeus in the end. All that's left is for me to fix everything between me and Rovan. I want to have what Selena and Thaddeus have.

"Freya, are you there?",  I called out to my wolf.

I'm here France, and I have to tell you something. She replied sounding serious.

Her tone made me frown, she sound worried and that isn't good.

"Did something happen?"

She started moving around hurting my head but before I could stop her she spoke up, Remember that Rovan's wolf cannot be contacted by him? I nodded and she continued, Even I cannot do it as well Francheska.

She started crying but it shocked me that even she cannot contact Peltran. Things are continuing to go worse making me feel more worried.

"Do you think something might have happened Freya?" I ask softly.

The moon goddess isn't in our world as of this moment, so I cannot ask for help. Francheska, please do me a favor. She pleaded.

I swallowed and replied, "Fine, what do you want me to do?"

Try to get close to Rovan, help him get his memories back. I have the feeling it will help a lot.

My eyes widened at her request, what the...

"I can't do that! He might try to avoid me more if I push it." I exclaimed.

She growled taking me by surprise, I don't care France, help him recover his memories because without Peltran he's currently vulnerable. As his mate you are the current beta at work.

Then she cut off the connection leaving me dumbfounded.

Wait, I'm temporarily the beta?!!