Ch 3

Marinette officially thought she had died and gone to heaven. Her crush just kissed her hand! Yeah, he was high as hell, but still! "Purrincess?" Even while stoned out of his mind, the blonde still managed to sound concerned. "Y-y-yeah?", she squeaked, instantly retracting her hand from his grasp and clutching it to her chest. Heartbreak crossed his face, his eyes tearing up and ears lying against his head, "Did I do something wrong?"

The witch panicked,"N-n-n-no! How could you have done something wrong? You're totally awesome! I mean you seem totally awesome! Not that you're not an awesome person, because you are and oh my God I'm rambling now!" She facepalmed, glowing like a tomato. Adrien didn't care. The only word he could make out from her was "No." He wrapped his arms around her, and tucked his head under her chin.

She sighed,"There there, kitty." She tentatively ran a hand over his hair, feeling how soft it was. He followed it. Emboldened by his response, she reached up behind one of his black fuzzy ears, and lightly scratched. He smiled, eyes half lidded, and leaned into her hand. He began purring again, and sighed contently. Marinette's stomach chose that moment to make it's needs known. Adrien laughed lightly and pushed her off his lap. "Go eat. I'll be fine." She was reluctant to leave him, but he insisted.

(You stoners out there know exactly how much he's lying right now! XD)

Once she had left for the residents' kitchen, Adrien sprawled out on the couch. He was still feeling the effects of the incense, but he found himself with a surprisingly clear head. He touched the top of his head, feeling the ears there. He felt himself lightly tickle the fur, and felt them automatically flick. He shook his head, trying to rid himself of the odd sensation.

He next stuck his hand down the back of his pants, feeling the new tail squirm there. He grabbed it, and pulled it out of his pants. He quickly realized he had to lower his jeans to hang low on his waist if he wanted to be comfortable. He glanced around, then tried to stand. Tried to. He almost fell before he caught himself on the couch. He smiled. "I got this.", he said to himself.

He inched the jeans down his hips until the back sat just under his tail. He sighed, and felt his temperature rise. He took off his outer shirt and wiped his face with it. His other shirt was now sticking to him, so he struggled to take it off. Feeling rather triumphant, he tossed the offending garment away. Now his jeans were sticking to him, but he'd be damned if he was taking those off without any shorts to change into...or a nice cool shower.

-------------------

Marinette soon came back to find him braced on a wall, standing over an air vent....shirtless. She blushed so hard her cheeks hurt, and ducked out to regain composure. She tried to anyway. She figured she'd bring him something to eat anyway while she was there, and grabbed a bowl of soup and some bread. She walked back out with her head bowed in order to not accidentally spill it.

"Uh-uh-A-Adrien? I-I b-brought you f-food." He gingerly walked up to her, and gently took the bowl and plate from her. He put the bread in the bowl, not even caring, and broke it up before taking a bite. Needless to say, the bowl didn't last long. "It was delicious, princess. Thank you.", he said, handing back the dishes. "I would take it myself, but I don't really know the place that well." He smiled sheepishly. He'd be damned if he admitted he was having trouble standing still at the moment.

"Oh! Um, no problem!", she squeaked, an embarrassed smile on her face as she went back into the kitchen, once again leaving him to his thoughts. He knew almost nothing about her sans the facts that 1) she's a witch, 2) she's an aspiring fashion designer with some awesome designs already, and 3) she acts weird around him. He tried to think back to any reason why she'd do that, and blanched. His first day in school, two things happened with her: the gum and umbrella. He knew she'd been upset about the gum on her seat, and the umbrella closed on her. He'd apologized profusely about the gum, even though it was Chloe's doing. He wilted in on himself when he thought about the umbrella closing on her. He'd laughed. He thought it was cute...and laughed.

Marinette came back to find the Mau sitting quietly in a corner. "A-Adrien? What's wrong?" "I'm sorry." "Sorry for what?" He glanced up at her, confusion coloring her features,"What happened?" He started tearing up again,"Do you really not remember?" "Remember what?" He sat up on his knees, looking up into her confused eyes. He dropped his shoulders, slouched and flattened his ears. He wanted to be small while he apologized. "The day we met."

Her eyes widened, then she smiled gently,"I think you've had too much catnip, kitty." She extended her hand to him. He looked from her to the offered hand, and tentatively reached for it. She pulled him to his feet, and steadied him when he swayed. Tom chose that moment to walk in, "I take it it's bedtime?" Marinette nodded, and passed the demon's weight off to her dad, who picked up the boy with ease, and carried him upstairs to the spare bedroom. The young witch followed.

The baker left after saying goodnight. Marinette brushed his hair out of his face. "Goodnight, kitten." She felt him grab her wrist when she turned to leave. He brought her hand to his lips for the second time that night, fixed her with his acid green gaze and whispered, "Sweet dreams, princess."