Ch 5

"You need to focus your energy to achieve the desired effect! You could prove to be a danger to yourself and everyone otherwise!" Everyone....even Marinette. Adrien had tried to do what the dark haired fairy said. Plagg even showed him how to do it, but he made it look easy. Too easy. The Mau tried again, trying to picture a target. The result was the same purple and black sparks he'd gotten the last umpteen million times he'd done this, and felt more drained. He let out an exasperated sigh,"I can't do it! I'm sorry!"

A thoughtful look crossed the fairy's face, then he walked over to Tikki, who was trying to do something similar with Marinette. She had more success than Plagg did, that's for sure. He whispered something into the ginger fairy's ear, and she nodded. The only witch in the room looked confused when Plagg dragged her over, wrapping an arm around her. "Alright, lover boy. Here's the deal. You man up and use your powers, or our little buggy here pays the price." He ran a long nail down the side of Mari's face, making her flinch away.

Adrien's jaw clenched painfully, especially since his fangs were enlongating. "Let. Her. Go.", he growled. The fairy smirked at him, causing the fires of rage build inside the Mau's chest. Two thoughts ran through Adrien's mind: Marinette is in danger, and the threat needs to be eliminated. He sprinted toward them, right hand raised to strike down his teacher. Next thing he knew, his claws were dug into a plywood board, which quickly disintegrated from the point of impact.

He looked around. Marinette was on the floor several feet away, and Plagg had apparently replaced her with the board in the span of a fraction of a second. He noticed Plagg's smile. "That's it!", he praised,"Now, I need you to do the same thing without going batshit crazy, alright?" Adrien fixed an acid glare on the fairy, his ears lying flat as every hair on his body stood upright, tail swishing angrily.

"Don't. You. EVER. Do that AGAIN!", the blonde yelled, gripping the collar of Plagg's shirt. "I will do it if I deem it necessary! You have to learn to control yourself and your powers before you kill someone!" Those last four words stopped Adrien in his tracks, and he released the dark fairy.

Adrien felt fatigue crawling over him, and started to sway. "Adrien?", a beautiful voice called. Who's voice? He didn't know. Things were blurring together. "ADRIEN!!"

-----------------------

Plagg caught his student when he passed out, and set him down. He whistled and said,"That took more out of him than I thought." Tikki nodded in agreement,"It's probably a good time to end the lessons today." She walked over to Marinette, who was cradling the blonde's head. She placed a gentle hand on her shoulder, "Come on. Plagg will get him. He just needs to rest." The ginger fairy gently guided the witch away while the raven fairy lifted the Mau onto his shoulder, and followed.