three ✦

taehyung found jungkook sitting by the gazebo in the back garden, solemnly eyeing the beautiful red roses. "hey," he took a seat beside jeongguk, looking and admiring the place more. they sat in a comfortable silence while taehyung stared at the grapevines by the thin columns of the gazebo.

jeongguk stares at taehyung through the sides of his vision. he hates how in love he is with taehyung, how he looks absolutely angelic almost all the time and how charismatic he is on stage. he loves taehyung and his aegyo, he loves v on stage, he loves their taetae with the fans, he likes him a lot.

"do you even think?" jeongguk spat, and it hits taehyung like a slap to his face. he feels his lips trembling, utterly scared and confused at the sudden hostility.

but taehyung is determined to keep a strong front. "yeah, i do. that's kind of offensive, considering the fact that i'm your hyung, and you're—" he rambles on, but is soon interrupted by the maknae. "yeah, yeah. but do you like anyone?"

taehyung thought, you.

after a moment of hesitation, he looked down and blushed a deep red. he makes squiggly lines and unrecognisable shapes on the fresh soil, "y-yeah, i do." jeongguk nods, taking a step forward. he feels his pride and ego crumbling down the longer he hesitates to ask taehyung the question, and he does it. "you like jimin hyung, don't you?"

he stammered, "n-no! of course not!"

jeongguk takes another step forward, "hoseok hyung?"

taehyung shook his head vigorously, wondering where jeongguk came up with all these ridiculous accusations. "taehyung, do you know how much you hurt me, whenever you go with other people, when you hang out with them?"

taehyung didn't bother to respond, shaking his head a little gesturing for jungkook to go on. "do you remember when i called you during your celebrity bromance episode? or whenever you mention your fucking hwarang hyungs?"

jungkook's tone had gone from solemn and sorry to mildly angered and irritated. the last two words were spat and forced out almost ferociously.

"you know how long i've been waiting up for you just so we could talk whenever you're out with those got7 members?"

"or whenever you cut off our plans, not just with me, with the whole group— just so you could meet up with fucking minjae, or what's his name? the one with the— you know, fuck it. never mind."

jungkook looked at taehyung with a sad expression, intertwining his fingers with taehyung's.

"because you do, you really, really do."