Bump in the Blankets

*This would start from the contract marriage where they still don't realize their love for each other.

Since the time Khushi had started sleeping with Arnav on the same bed, she noticed each morning Arnav would be groaning in his sleep like he was in a lot of pain. His face would be flushed, beads of sweat rolling from his forehead, and he would be moving around in his bed trying to ease his pain.

Khushi got up on her elbows as she witnessed the same situation occurring in front of her. She saw him trying to struggle with something under the blanket. Her eyes widened as she heard him grunt in his sleep.

What's wrong with him?

Khushi abruptly sat up, when she felt him turning towards her, rubbing her sleepy eyes she stared intently at his asleep form. He had 2 frown lines on his forehead and on his face lay a childlike pout. 

Once again she looked towards the blanket where she a little bump forming. 

Why is there a bump forming on his lower body? Does he have something else other than diabetes?

Khushi scratched her head when she saw the bump getting bigger and somehow taller. She decided to get an answer to all of this because she could not see Arnav in pain anymore. Her heart couldn't endure seeing his face like that.

Khushi walked towards the bathroom to freshen up and quietly mumbled to herself, "Should I ask di about his condition? Wait that would be awkward, he's my husband so I should know this. What about jiji? Once again that would seem quite awkward to ask my sister about my husband's condition."

Khushi turned around towards her husband's sleeping form and decided to ask him about what's troubling him every morning.

Quickly taking a shower, Khushi decided to ask him about it at night.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later at night, after finishing all her chores downstairs Khushi walked in their room and saw Arnav was sitting on the bed with his laptop in his lap. He was furiously typing away and didn't even notice her entering the room. 

Khushi looked down at the hot coffee in her hand and then walked towards Arnav.

Arnav looked up at Khushi when he felt her not moving for awhile.

"What do you want Khushi?"

Khushi looked up surprised at his question and then gave him his coffee, "Your coffee."

"Thanks."

Khushi stood still again and again Arnav looked up from his laptop and asked, "What Khushi?"

Khushi fiddled the end of her dupatta and then hesitatingly asked, "Is there something wrong----I mean are you okay?"

Khushi blinked her eyes slowly as she waited for his answer. 

"Yeah, everything is fine. Why is there something wrong?"

Khushi looked at her fiddling fingers and muttered, "No, nothing seems right."

Arnav stopped typing and placed his laptop on the bed, "What's wrong Khushi?"

Mustering up some strength, she finally asked him about his morning condition.

"Actually, Arnav ji every morning you seem like you're in a lot of pain! You sweat profusely, you're face seems flustered, and you're always either grunting or groaning! "

Arnav frowned as he heard her words, "What?"

Khushi sat near his legs on the bed, "Arnav ji every morning I see a bump from under the blanket. It gets bigger and taller and you always groan out like you're in a lot of pain!"