Summary of Purple Flowers

NOTE

Hi Wattpadders,

Below is the summary of a new book I will be writing after I finish The Dating Class

It's called Purple Flowers and I originally wrote it as a screenplay for a class, but I'm in the process of putting it into book form and I would love to know where your head is at and what your thoughts are.

Normally, I write romantic, relationship-centered books, but this one is going to focus a lot on the main character's relationship with her mother. Don't worry, there will be plenty of romantic stuff in there too (*insert happy dance*). I'm just trying to add another layer of depth.

Below is the summary (:

SUMMARY

There are just some secrets that never stay buried, no matter how deep the hole is.

Being the daughter of an elite New England socialite always seems to be a problem for Charlotte Rhodes, partially because she doesn't understand why her mother is a such a bitch. But more so because all she wants to do is climb trees, play video games, and throw around a football with her two childhood best friends, Jack and Sam. Her mother, Anne, has different ideas in mind, such as playing tennis at the country club, attending gallery openings, and embracing the glitz and glam of fancy benefit dinners. And to add to it, Anne hates Charlotte's boyfriend, a kid who has lived across the street from her since before she could remember.

One night, when one of her mother's dinner parties gets a little out of hand, she decides to do something she knows her mother would never approve of: Get a job. At a bar. Sure, Charlotte could work at her mother's renowned publishing firm, but that would mean she'd have to talk to her more than she already does. Another thing Charlotte doesn't want to do.

A few shifts per week at Hallie's Pub seems harmless enough, but a photo on the wall of the bar and a some vague answers from the owner result in Charlotte questioning everything she thought she knew about her childhood. Her mother. And her family.

Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden. —Phaedrus