Chapter 4~Yay... It's The Mall...

Y/N's P.O.V.~

I woke up the next day, incredibly tired. I got changed, and headed into the kitchen, with a foggy mind.

Who's that kid again? I rubbed my eyes, oh right! It's that Dark Pit guy. Guess his wings haven't mended yet.

"Oh, forgot you were here." I said, to put it simply.

"Wow, I am SO loved and important. Thank you, thank you." He replied, bowing, sarcastically.

I sighed and made myself breakfast. Cereal was on sale when I went to the grocery store so I obviously bought some. Dark Pit helped himself to some food. I ignored him, finished up and I got a text on my phone.

Kayla...: Hey! Whatha up to today?

*Whatcha. Well, I'm not really doing
anything today, I don't think. Probably not. :Y/N

Kayla...: Yea, yea, u wanna go
to da mall today? We could grab lunch! 😝

Uhm... Sure. What time though? You want to walk there together or no?  Also, I'm kind of going broke. XD :Y/N

Kayla...: Lol, how about 12:30? I'll walk over to ur house, then we go. Cuz u no me, Im always late and i dont want to keep u waiting outside.

Actually, text me when you are leaving to my house and I'll meet you at the corner. My brother's doing important stuff so yeah. I'll see you then! :Y/N

Kayla...: Ok! Ill txt u when! Bye!  Ttyl!😁😀
~
I breathed a sigh of relief after she responded and the conversation ended. I didn't want Kayla to see even just a bit of my house on the inside. Since my brother left, it looks tragic. My brother would never let it look like this. If she saw the inside... Kayla has a pretty keen and sharp eye. She'll definitely think the messy, overturned house is suspicious. Also, texting Kayla is kinda hard, she uses acronyms I've never heard of, she make typos, and "I'll" turns into "Ill" half the time.

I took a glance at the clock, 10:30. Good, I have a fair amount of time to do some homework. I put on my earbuds, and started to work. I was at it for a bit when Dark Pit approached me. He tapped me on the back, I turned to face him, earbuds off.

"Your phone's ringing." Was all he told me. I listened, yup, my phone was ringing. I picked it up, it was some stupid telemarketer so I hung up. The clock read 12:07. I sighed.

"Also, I'm going out with my friend. Just eat whatever in the fridge for lunch." I told him, while walking towards my room.

"Okay, I'm surprised you trust me that much, I must have done something right." Was his reply as I closed the door to my room.

I had to change into something nicer. Last time I tried to go out to the mall with Kayla in normal, "ugly" clothes, she made me go change again. I put on something Kayla approved, and some makeup from bad experience in the past. One time I went to the mall with her. She saw what I was wearing and how I looked.. And she dragged me back to my house to "freshen up". I call it "useless beauty time waster". She ended up spending an hour "freshening" me up.

I exited my room, sat at the kitchen table and started playing on my phone. I'm pretty bad at knowing if someone texts, or phones me. So if I'm playing on my phone, I'll be more aware. After about 15 minutes of playing a spinoff of flappy bird, (which I am pretty good at) Kayla texted me saying she was heading out. I grabbed my bag and started to head out also. I paused at the door, turning my head to say something.

"Hey, I'm heading out. Don't destroy or burn down the house when I'm gone, okay?" I left before he could respond and hurried to meet Kayla.

I got to the corner first and waited a minute or two for Kayla. When she arrived, we greeted each other and headed towards the mall.

Because I don't have much money, I didn't buy anything except for my lunch. Kayla got me a keychain though, it's a fluffy ball keychain. As we walked around, Kayla noted about me not buying anything. I used to always buy a couple random things when I went to the mall, however, nowadays I don't even go to the mall even with friends. The entire time, I made sure our conversation strayed far from my brother and family. We joked around, complained about school and such. When we started to head out, Kayla stopped and said.

"Oh, I forgot to buy something! You can leave now. I'll see you tomorrow anyways!" She waved a hand and hurried off.

I walked back to my house, turned on my phone and 2:12 was the time. As I opened the front door, forcefully might I add, I may have slammed it into Dark Pit. Okay, yeah, I did. "Whoops, sorry." Was all I said and I went to finish my homework. I tuned out Dark Pit's complaining, as it started to get annoying. I finished the homework and started to draw when an eraser was thrown, and hit me.

"The doorbell rung." He started to walk out of eyesight from the doorway. Somehow he knew to do that, he may be smarter than he seems.

I got the door and it was actually my brother's girlfriend, Shelly. Well, I guess 'ex girlfriend' but it doesn't matter. She asked how I was and gave me something. I opened the package and smiled. It was a bunch of small, helpful items that I could use. I thanked her and she told me something useful. Apparently there is an art competition happening. Basically, you draw a picture based off of the theme they gave, put your name, age, and contact info on it and go to the store to enter the drawing. There is a teenager prize, and a kids prize. The teenager prize caught my eye (even though technically it was my ear listening to what the prize was). The prize was a $300 gift card for that store and I wanted it badly. It had to be a drawing on paper, and coloured. The theme was "Winter" which was stupid because it is still Fall at the moment. I closed the door once my brother's ex girlfriend left and instantly started brainstorming.

Writer's block came, except I suppose since this is drawing, Artist's block came and didn't want to leave. I sighed, and thought, and thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys! I just finished writing this
chapter and yeah. Got any name suggestions for the used to be girlfriend? Not sure what to name her yet :P. You don't need to suggest anything though, only if you want to.
~SlyLunatic