Chapter 12 ~ Advice

Well aren't you dependant on your friends? Grow up.

Aria of course chose to hang out with Kayla and the others. She did ask me what the argument was about, to which I told her I didn't want to say. I suppose it's good that Aria doesn't know the topic of the feud, that means Kayla is actually keeping it a secret. It does make me feel a bit worse, especially since I was yelling at her for not being able to keep a secret.

I suppose I should apologize for lying and keeping things under wraps for so long. It's the right thing to do. But I can't bring myself to do so. And with the excuse of "I'm too busy" I went about my week.

I am actually busy. Drawing, homework and not to mention chores. I can get work done during lunch if I'm alone, which is more productive than talking to my friends... right?

Two weeks had passed, and I decided that I should do the right thing and apologize... via text. And of course, with texting, there are many rough drafts.

"'I apologize for lashing out on you with my bottled anger. I hope you forgive me.' No, too short and is missing many details. How about... 'Dear Kayla...' No it's obviously about her we don't need to add that. 'Kayla, I am very sorry for lashing out on you with all my anger. I am also sorry for lying for months about my life, getting enraged about you discovering and-'"

"Why don't you just apologize to her face? Skip the fancy words you would use in an essay or something." Dark Pit spoke up, causing me to realize I was speaking out loud and I felt heat arrive at my cheeks in embarrassment.

"I uh... don't want to go up to her so I won't." I replied, instantly regretting how childish I sounded.

"If you don't face her to apologize, would you go up to her when or if she forgives you? Or will you just text her to communicate?"

Damn it, he has a decent point. The argument happened in person, so the apology should happen in person as well.

"Good point, I guess I should face her directly. But now I have to rethink everything to say and build up the courage to speak to her and find a way to explain myself and-"

"Stop overthinking and start preparing yourself." Dark Pit interrupted my rambling.

"Uh okay... one thing though."

"What?"

"Can you er... help me prepare? Please?"

"..."

"..."

Silence.

"Alright fine."

I celebrated my victory with a slightly crazed smile that probably made Dark Pit regret his decision.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alright this took long enough. I believe it took me over a year just to make 12
chapters which is really sad. I'm sorry this is a short chapter, I usually try
for much over 500 words. Oh yeah, happy birthday to this book I guess?
I think I made it in April though...
~Sly Lunatic

Oh yeah, feel free to yell at me to update.
P.S. I had this chapter done like a week ago... whoops.