Chapter 7~ Broken Wings?

Dark Pit's POV (Woohoo, a change for once)

I hate to admit it to myself and Y/N, but I don't think my wings are healing. If my wings are still "broken", then I won't be able to fly. If I can't fly then I can't leave this place soon. Not that
Y/N's home is bad, but I don't want to be in the way.

It hasn't been very long, but me and Pit seem to recover quite fast from past experiences.

Also, I only learned Y/N's name because of that Kayla girl. She asked for Y/N to grab the phone and it clicked that I now knew her name. Y/N... Peculiar name, though I can't be one to say that. I don't know any actual "normal" names. Plus, my name is freaking Dark Pit, that's probably not normal in this world.

But back to the point, I can't fly still. This would have been avoided if I didn't leave the forces of nature once I got Pandora's power back. If I had stayed, Viridi could just help me get back. But since I left, Viridi probably thinks I'm flying around and wouldn't care. Now my wings appear to be broken, though I can't be sure and I have no way to tell if they are. The problem is that humans don't have wings so I can't ask a doctor if mine are broken, they'd think I'm crazy. So I now deem my wings broken.

I've been going outside when Y/N's not home. However, I realize that may not be safe for the house. I can't help it though, I do whatever I want, that's just how I am. And when I go outside, I realize that what Viridi said is right. The people are terrible and litter a lot without a care. Though calling people terrible because they litter is a bit harsh, Viridi called them that, not me. What I found out when I went outside is that I should hide my wings somehow so people don't stare at me. Yeah... I learned that the hard way.

Y/N is kind and let me stay in her place but she only intended it to be for a short amount of time. I intended it to be for a short amount of time too. Although... We may be wrong unless she kicks me out. One thing I noticed is that it appears that Y/N is always busy. She's either rushing to get to school, scribbling words on her homework or drawing. Lately, we haven't been saying much because she is just in such a hurry so I haven't told her that I think my wings are broken.

However I believe she needs to know this so even though Y/N is doing homework, I'll tell her.

"Y/N."

She froze upon hearing me say her name and turned to face me.

"Yeah? Can't you see I'm busy?!" She was about to turn back to her homework but I stopped her.

"Yeah? Can't you tell that this is important information I am telling you?!" I told her, arms crossed.

"Suuure, tell me later, I need to finish my homework." And with that, she dismissed the conversation. So operation: 'Tell Y/N that my wings are probably broken' was a failure. I wonder if she even cares, it's my business after all. Wait... She has to care. I'm the one eating food and staying in her house for free.

Well, maybe she got extra homework than usual today, I'll just tell her tomorrow about my wings. It's not the end of the world, well it may be for Y/N when she hears about my broken wings.