Prologue | The Tease

( a/n: this story continues from Love Live! School Idol Diary ch13: Our Secret.)

Otonokizaka, outside of the Student Council room | 2:00pm

    "If..."

    The blonde briskly approached the unwary girl from the back, not hesitating to invade sapphire haired female's personal space. Gently grabbing Umi's slender hands as she softly pressed herself against Umi's stiff back, Eli leaned forward. Eli's warm breath sent a tickling sensation at Umi's ears, creating a chain of reaction in Umi's body as a chill ran down her spine, her cheeks reddening shortly after.

    "If you and I become an item,"

    'An item.' Those two words rang in Umi's eardrums. How nice would that be. No, Umi! Don't think of such shameless things! Caught off guard, Umi's composure broke, uttering a sound, but only to be interrupted by Eli.

    "W-"

    "Would the school devolve into a sea of lamentations?"

    " What are you saying?!"

    Umi's instincts finally kicked in. Instinctively, Umi pushed Eli's head away from her face with both her sweaty palms, eyes shutting tightly in embarrassment, her voice was loud yet trembling. This had attracted the attention of many students at the corridor but it was no surprise, to the school's two popular girls. Eli, apparent that she was used to Umi's violent reaction, just grinned, satisfied that she got to witness Umi's flustered side. Afterall, the sapphire haired Sonoda was known for her elegant and composed persona, contrasting to the school idol group's leader's and witnesses of this side of Sonoda mainly revolved just within their school idol group. Letting out a soft chuckle, Eli walked in front of the victim of her tease,

   "Well, we can't dawdle here much longer. "

   Eli spun around gracefully, revealing her mesmerising smile as she bid her junior goodbye.

    "Nozomi's gonna get mad at me if I'm any later to the Student Council."

    Slightly mad but always observed her manners, Umi waved back at her senior, with a pouting face. How cute. I hope you'll always remain as pure as you are today, my dearest Umi. And sorry for teasing you like this...but dating you does sound like a fun idea. Eli mused, grinning widely to herself.

Otonokizaka, on the rooftop | 3.40pm

    "One, two, three, four - Honoka slow down, keep to the beat. Five, six - Hanayo try to keep up. Seven, Eight. Okay, that's good for now, let's take 5."

    The group had finally memorised the dance steps in full and was worn out, especially under Umi's strict training. 5 minutes passed in a blink of an eye and Umi's stopwatch rang irritably to the 6 dead beat members. Ugh, time for another round of practice. Honoka sighed, lifting her half unconscious body up. Usually, the ginger would be energetic and crave for more rounds of practice but not when the weather is as hot as today's.

    "Harasho, look at our precious juniors practicing hard under the sun. Makes me feel motivated to give it my all for today's practice!"

    "Oh? Who was the one complaining about the hot weather a few moments go?"

    Two heads of purple and blonde greeted the 6 melting members, only to receive a cold welcome. How ironic.

    "You said it will only take about 20 minutes."

    Umi crossed her arms, staring at the her two seniors with her dead amber eyes. It was clear to them that even Umi was affected by the burning heat. Was Umi being over worried about my close ties to the Student Council again? Eli tossed both her arms in the air, jokingly surrendering,