Phase 1 | The Rumours

Unknown | 05:45

    The blonde found herself miraculously floating in the middle of the ocean. Looking around, she could not view the end of the vast ocean beneath her cold feet. She was stranded.

    "H-hello, anyone here?"

   She clearly knew that no one else would be able to hear her but she decided to give it a shot anyways. Should she move from her spot and risk dropping into the ocean or advance in a random direction, not knowing what she would encounter? The blonde was in a tight spot. How ironic, huh. Being in a tight spot despite floating on a wide ocean... Being the adventurous and daring Ayase, the blonde chose to advance, in a completely clueless direction. Squinting her eyes, the blonde walked faster when she saw a dot of blue wondering in a distance. 

   "W-wait!"

   Certain that she spot a human, she confidently sprinted towards the silhouette. The person must have heard her and paused. It was not long after the blonde could finally be in the range to get a clear glimpse of the person's face.  

   "Umi? What are you doing here?"

   "You stole the words right out of my mouth. The real question is, why are we floating on an ocean?"

    "R-right..."

   The two observed the ocean beneath them once more. Eli noticed something unusual. 

   "Isn't that...our school?"

   The blonde pointed to the blurry building that was sunk in the ocean. The bluenette nodded her head slowly, in horror. 

   "Is this...the sea of lamentations? I knew it Eli, your idea to fake our relationship is a bad idea afterall."

   Umi broke down in tears while Eli just watched her in bewilderment. The sea of lamentations? Soon, an ear piercing alarm in a distance broke Eli's trains of thoughts. Beep, beep beep! Beep, beep beep! 

Ayase apartment | 06:05

   "The sea of lamentations..."

   The blonde rubbed the side of her head, eyes shut tightly as she struggled to get up from bed. Finally remembering that familiar phrase, Eli opened her eyes widely, snapping her fingers, as though an idea struck her mind. I did say that to Umi, didn't I... Eli thought while brushing her teeth in front of the mirror. Recalling that the blue haired cried in her dream, her other free hand reached out for her reflection in the mirror. I wonder if Umi really hates the idea of dating me that much... 

In front of Otonokizaka's gates | 06:40

    "Ohayo, Umi, Kotori! Mmm, today's bread tastes real good!"

    The energetic ginger greeted the ashen haired and blue haired, while chewing enthusiastically on her bread. Kotori greeted her back with a ever so sweet smile whereas Umi just frowned in disapproval. 

    "Eating bread again? You will need to go on another diet soon if this continues..."

    "Aw, come on Umi, at least my image doesn't really matter, unlike you," Honoka swallowed down her bread before taking out a pink letter with a heart sticker sealing it, speaking in an exaggerated tone, "oh, my Umi-senpai, please accept my confession-"