Chapter 1

Before three years

Everyone has their own point of view about true love. My conviction is that "I don't believe in true love or love at first sight." Now some of you may think I'm wrong. Whether I'm right or wrong doesn't matter, it's my view.
•••

For past few months, Paris was dating a guy named Joe. I had seen him once or twice. They were like totally in love.

As I used to mostly hangout with Paris, then I was bored without her. She was spending more time with Joe. I understand that but I started to fight with Paris for choosing boyfriend over friend. I know that was stupid, yet I did fight.

I felt bad to face her after my childish behaviour. She came up to me and asked whether we could go to the café. I didn't know if our fight was sorted out but I agreed. I thought it'd be fun.

I was thinking, it was a girls day out but I was surprised in a way. There was Joe, her boyfriend and some guy with him, who is his friend I presume. No problem, grouping will also do.

"Hey guys." Paris waved in their direction. Joe smiled and placed a peck on her lips.

"Uh... Drew meet Susan. Susan, this is my buddy Andrew. Susan and Drew sit in that table, we'll sit here." Joe pointed the tables. Separate tables .What is it?A double date?

"Okay have fun! Let's take a seat Joe." Paris grabbed his arm and went to the table. Traitor! She left me alone with a complete stranger.

Andrew gestured me to sit. For some time we sat in awkward silence. I wasn't staring at him but I read his features. He was overall a typical hot yet good natured guy but looks can be deceptive. I wished to know about his character. "I didn't know you both were coming," Andrew spoke up.

"Neither I," I said bluntly. His eyes showed anger. He too might be ditched by his friend. Joe and Paris were so made for each other in ditching friends.

"So Susan..."

"Call me Sue."

"Sue, don't you think they're dramatic?" He raised his eyebrow.

"Absolutely." I nodded in agreement. We haven't spoken much, already we have something in common. That was hate towards love.

"They should be gifted for their dramatic love, shouldn't they?" He said with a sly smile.

"I have a plan!" My face shone bright with a mischievous grin. It was payback time.

We poured milkshake and ice cream on them and fled the place without paying the bill. They deserve it.

I and Andrew ran out of the café giggling heavily while Paris and Joe were drenched in ice cream and milkshake. They screamed like something. The whole café got scared of our behaviour. Their faces were reddened like tomatoes due to the embarrassment. Joe apologized to every single person.

Then we both headed to the nearby park to celebrate our first meet. We talked about many things, exchanged numbers, helped some kids at the park and finally ate ice cream.

We sat on a bench in a corner. They were only few kids playing. "So? Andrew Chandler." He extended his hand for a formal shake.

"Susan Fox." I shook his hand. His grip was firm, good, it explained his confidence. But his palm texture was a bit smooth for a guy. Maybe all men don't have rough palms.

I looked at a small girl, she might be four or five. "What are you looking at?" asked Drew.

"Watch the brunette kid, she's adorable. Looks just like you." I pointed towards the girl buying ice cream.

"I don't have any daughter. I'm careful about it." He winked.
"What flavor do you want?" He gestured to the ice cream van.

"Pistachio!"

He took his phone out of his pocket, I wondered for what. "Here. Save your number. I'll be back." He gave his phone to me. He was real bold to leave his phone with me or should I say foolish? I pressed the button on the side. The android device came to life. I scrolled through the apps and touched on the gallery icon. No app lock!

Should I check his personal things?

Yes.

No, no. That's a cheap thing to do.

I saw him coming back. I quickly typed in my number and saved it under the name Susan. There was no other contacts with my name. He handed the ice cone with haste and ran to the brunette. She was crying because her ice cream was on the ground. He wiped her eyes and bought her a new one. The girl kissed him on his cheeks in return.

"Hmm, you're a good dad!" I mocked. He just ignored it.

Then we talked about random things. It was so very fun with Drew. I call him Drew cause we were officially friends then.

"Good bye, Drew." I punched on his hand.

"Can we meet tomorrow?" He asked straight to my face.

"What like a date?" I sent death glares his way.

"Today's fun. Just thought we'd catch up," He replied casually.

I agreed to that catching up thing. We both indulged in thoughts about tomorrow's plan.

"Amusement park!" We both said the same. Our minds synced.

"Meet me at 11." I poked him.

He gave a genuine smile."Bye Sue." I returned the same smile.

•••
I entered the apartment and saw Paris drying her hair. She sniffed due to cold I assume. She was going to kill me for what I did.

"So now, who's choosing boyfriend over friend?" She said angrily pointing the dryer towards me. I wasn't going to surrender.

"Drew is not my boyfriend. We're friends." I took my stand. " You're the one who betrayed first."

"So you accept the fact you betrayed me." She gritted her teeth.

"Enough, you liar!" I half screamed clenching my fist.

"Yes I lied. I thought you'd get along with Joe's friend cause you both are absolute stone heads." She yelled.

"Let's stop it. He asked me out," I shrugged.

"On a date!" Her eyes widened as if her eyeballs were going to pop. That's Paris forgives way too easily.

"No, I'm just going to the amusement park with a friend." I convinced her and myself.

"Amusement park? Who came up with that idea?" She chuckled.

"Our minds synced." I smiled a bit.

"Babe, today, your minds synced. I wish to see your lips sync," She mocked.

I smacked her face with a pillow. "Shut up!"

We may not be the two sides of the same coin,
But two different coins of the same value.

***