Chapter 9

After three months

After Paris' wedding, I just deleted the fact from my mind that Drew would be married soon. I thought he was kidding. I came to that conclusion after confirming the information with Joe and Paris. They were very confident that there was no such thing as marriage.

I returned home from office. I found some letters in the mailbox. I placed them on the sofa. A letter white and cream letter got my attention. I took it and teared the cover.

It was an marriage invitation. I didn't remember anyone of my friends or relatives getting married. I check for the names of the couple.

I was confused. I blinked to clear my vision. The invitation read Andrew Chandler weds Emma Lemuel. Reality slapped me on my face. He wasn't lying after all.

I threw the invitation in despair. I buried my face in my hands. I should not let the sadness engulf me. I steadied myself and called Paris. She didn't pick up. I ringed again.

"Hey, Sue. Sorry I was in the kitchen."

"No problem, Paris. Did you get Drew's invitation?" My voice cramped.

She was quiet and answered with less vigour, "Yeah, I got it. Babe, are you alright?"

I replied with false enthusiasm, "I'm totally fine. I just called to confirm the date."

"It's on 25th this month," she said on the line, "Make a note or you'll forget."

"Okay, bye." I cut the call immediately and threw the invitation.

My head spun around and I felt so weak. Not that time. I didn't let weakness overtake me. I made myself strong. That day my decision made more sense to me. I gradually got relieved of my troubles.

Brace yourself. The end is near.